• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

Hey all! Haven't been on here in ages and wow this site and thread has grown! I'm 31, female and have had herpes for 6 years. It's been a struggle but I have had nothing but positive experiences and have really come to terms with it so I'd like to offer support to anyone who needs. I was lucky enough to find great people on here to support me when I needed it and I want to return the favor. I live in Denver, CO and can meet in person or am happy to email/call/Skype so please reach out if you'd like. Since I'm not on here much, shoot me an email at alyssa.beiss@gmail.com. Love and light to all!

Hello! First post on the site! Was recently diagnosed with HSV-1 orally and genitally (about a week and a half ago). I'm 21 years old and live in Lincoln, Nebraska though I also spend a lot of time in Omaha (hometown). I know it's a long shot but if anyone lives around here, or Western Iowa, I'd more than happy to meet up at some point for coffee or whatever. Unfortunately, the only person I know who also has H is the person that gave it to me, which is fine, there are no hard feelings, but she had also just been diagnosed the week prior to me. Needless to say, we're both feeling rather naive. I'd really appreciate some more experienced guidance on the matter. I'm more than willing to speak with anyone regardless of age, sex, or location. Everyone here seems incredibly kind and I look forward to being a part of this community and hopefully discovering an H buddy. Thank you!

Hello there!

I'm a 19 year old girl, with a bit different story than most. I would really like to give this a try, it could be usefull for both of us! You're more than welcome to send me a message, if i dosen't send you one first!

@Cmph

Hi, I'm Judy, 23 from fl. I just found out in the beginning of feb. If you wanna talk contact me.

Hello, I'm 21 female from Northern California. I just got diagnosed with herpes type 2 genital a week ago. I don't really know where to go from here. I would love to find someone to talk to that is in my area. Preferably male and between 21 to 35. Look forward to hearing from you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I am a newly diagnosed herpes patient. I am scared and I feel so alone. I live in pooler have near Savannah. I am looking for someone I can confide in and turn to when I have doubts and I will be there to support you also. I need new friends that I can confide in and actually possibly hang out. Gender does not matteR. I like fires, hanging out and drinking a few, mudding, fishing, anything outdoors pretty much. I'm 24 and I need someone I can trust

Hi! I'm Jo. I live in Jonesboro, AR and I have herpes. Even around people who also have this, it is so hard to say this. I'd really like to talk to some people around here who also have herpes, just to assure myself that I'm not some freak. Herpes is a normal part of my life now, I'd like to get to know some other people who are going about normal lives with it, too. Hit me up?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 26 male from Bedfordshire UK

Less than 1 week ago I found out I have contracted and have no one I trust enough to talk with regarding it. I would really appreciate any guidance on how to deal with what happens from day on post outbreak.

Hello, I'm 28 years old (female) and was diagnosed with herpes 2 days ago. I am devastated and have no idea how I will move forward with my life. II would really like a buddy to talk to. Gender doesn't matter but it would be great if my buddy lived in Maryland (as I live here). Please reach out to me if you are intersted in being my buddy.

Hi everyone!

This is my first post. I really need someone to talk to because I am going through a dilemma and I feel quite alone. I never thought I would let the big bad H ruin my life because I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago and I came to a peace with it. Something recently happened and I could really use a buddy :-).

I could talk to a male or female buddy.

I would love to get an outside perspective on my situation. I really appreciate it :-)

30 year old female, diagnosed just three months with an atypical (no bumps) presentation of an initial outbreak,(Blood Test Neg) cultured, yet untyped due to both laboratory error, and the Nurse Practioners insistence that what she was seeing was NOT herpes. My second GYNs opinion was that financially testing a second time was pointless so soon. I've had a rough year overall, my husband of eight years left me in the Summer, in the middle of the night, three days after a move to a new area. I have two small children, but having been a homemaker, I've now found myself back in school, and with honors, studying nursing. Since my husband left I've had just the one boyfriend, 16 years older, well respected in the community, and seemingly in complete denial he's sharing this infection. Since I began feeling "not quite right" just a few weeks after our first sexual encounter, he's refused to see me in person again. Feeling battered, hopeless, and isolated, I daily wear the mask of the woman I was before. Would love a buddy anywhere around the TriCities, East Tennessee. First post, so hopefully I'm submitting this correctly. If not please forgive me.

Looking for a HBuddy in Tampa or surrounding areas. I'm 33yr old female and I've had H for 9 months now, always a birthday reminder now too! ;-). I am well versed on the virus and can provide great support and will need support in return, especially when the time comes for my first disclosure.

Hi everyone, my name is Ella and I joined this site a few days ago. I was diagnosed with herpes 2 days ago. I am 19 years old and have lived in London, UK, all my life.

Trying to stay positive and see this as a new challenge to help me grow as a person :)

I'd like to message with with absolutely anyone whether new or a veteran, male/female, any age, with herpes to get to know more real people with it and help me get things in perspective. :) Thank you! x