• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

I'm looking for a buddy! Preferably female, HSV2+, and in her 30's, just like me. I'm newly diagnosed but could be a support as well as use support. It'd be nice to meet someone in person but could do the penpal thing too. I'm in Oakland, CA. Hugs!

Hello! (or Aloha!) Surprised I havenʻt commented on this thread before! My name is Carissa and I was diagnosed with HSV-2 in December 2013, so Iʻve had the virus for almost a year and a half at this point.

Iʻm 29 years young, and currently live in Hawaii -- I am open to both giving and receiving support, and if there is anyone locally on the islands, great! If not, Iʻm a very quick typer (and am on my email / gchat often) so I donʻt mind penpal/ electronic communications either.

Gender/ sex / age doesnʻt really matter -- although I would love to talk more with someone/ people who have had: (1) successful disclosures/ relationships, and (2) casual sex (while open with their status). I have my ups and downs, but Iʻve been completely celibate (aside from hooking up with someone who I also knew had HSV2) since my diagnoses -- and I want that to change ASAP. Lol!

Feel free to DM if you wanna talk! :)

Hi everyone,

I'm a 22 year old female located in New York. I literally just got diagnosed with HSV 1 days before graduating college and it has obviously been a pretty devastating blow at this point in my life.

I would really love to talk to someone who knows what I'm going through. I'm not picky because I'm getting a little desperate to hear that someone else shares this condition, but it would be cool to get in touch with someone who's had HSV 1 for a few years already and can help me come to grips with what's going to happen.

Regardless, I would also like to offer my own support! It's been less than a week but I'm already feeling a little better about it and I truly believe the BEST way to overcome the emotional grief is by talking it through with someone who understands.

Let me know!

I have been diagnosed with herpes for almost four weeks now And what a roller coaster ride it has been. I joined last week and now I am ready to talk to someone that is in my shoes. My sister kept encouraging me to do this and Im ready now. I want to learn, educate myself and GET ON WITH MY LIFE. My sister reminds me constantly that this condition does not define me and I believe that now. I am looking for mature minded people to converse with. Please message me. Be Blessed!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I am 23- just got diagnosed 2 days ago with HSV 1 & 2 and struggling is an understatement. Really hating life at the moment and not feeling like myself. Would be really nice to message someone about this feeling/ share stories.

I live in Olympia, WA if anyone on here is close.

-K

Hi, My name is Gabrielle but I prefer to be called Gabbie.

On May 19th exactly 5 days before my 18th birthday I found out I am positive for Herpes type 2 and I have not had any outbreaks since I got it.

The boy I got it from said that he is clean and that he has nothing to do with it but at the time I contracted it he was the only I was sleeping with.

He was my bestfriend and I thought I thought I could trust him.

Now I am going through things with my boyfriend.

We had unprotected sex on May 17th before I found out that I was positive.

I told him as soon as I found out and even though He says he loves me and is going to stick through this with me I know that he does not want to touch me anymore.

I need to know how I be with him intimately without him getting it or worrying about getting it.

Also I was wondering if both my partner and I have Herpes is it ok not to use a condom.?

I need a friend and some support I need those who understand to let me know everything is ok.

Hey everyone, I'm new to here. I am 22 years old and I contracted herpes when I was 17. From then until now, I can say I'm kinda in denial. No one knows of my status.. I have been suffering in silence and alone for this long. Personally I like to deal with my own issues and given that this disease is for life I did not want people to scorn me, to talk about me. I don't know who to trust with this information basically.

How have I dealt with it? I cry, I pray and I talk to God. However, recently it has been bothering me much more. I need someone to talk to , someone who knows exactly what I am going through. Someone I can share my story with and who can share their story with me. :(

I am from Barbados ( Caribbean), I have no preference( Male/ Female) Or Both.

Please HELP!

Hey Everyone! I'm 27 and female. I was diagnosed with HSV2 about a year ago and mostly avoided discussions about it. It would be nice to have someone to talk to that's in the same position. Anyone that feels the same, feel free to message me. :)

Hi, I am 46 yr old single female from northern cali. who has just been diagnosed with HSV2. I would like male or female to chat with. I feel very alone right now and horrible. Please let me know if anyone is interested. I'm so confused about everything and could use the help. Thank you

hello all! I'm a 24 year old from boston, ma. I was diagnosed last march with genital HSV1, and have since had a hard time with depression. I feel like I'm not the person I was before and would love to talk to someone in the area who feels the same way or tips for getting over it.....thanks guys!

Hi, I am a 21 year old female who recently got diagnosed with genital herpes. My first outbreak was a few months ago and I dont know how to deal with it. I would love someone to talk to. Currently no one at home besides my best friend knows and it's eating away at me. Message me if you want to talk! Thank you.

Hello there! I'm a 21 year old guy from Belgium. Got diagnosed with HSV2 almost 3 years ago now. Since then I'm having a really hard time, emotionally and in relationships.

Now I would like to meet preferably a girl ( just easier talking about emotions) who wants to chat!

Feel free to write me a message!

greets & thanks!

Guest Anom7

Hi,

I'm 20 and have been diagnosed recently and I reside in the UK. Like many, I'm upset and I feel alone. I would really like someone to talk to about this, anyone really that I can relate to. Thanks.

Hey!

23/F/Ontario, Kingston Region.

I was very recently diagnosed with HSV-1 genitally and would love an H|Buddy to chat with. Since I live in an extremely post secondary region I hope that'll be in my favor helping me connect with someone near my area! Also right across the river from NY so while I'd love to get to meet my Buddy for coffee ( well not exactly coffee since I don't drink it but coffee and an ice capp or a beer or something lol) as long as we share a close time zone I'm sure it'll work!

Would prefer male since I tend to fit in best as "one of the guys" but having a male and a female buddy would be wonderful as well. Then when I say my "________" itches at least she can likely relate! lol

Preferably within a 5 year age range of myself. Open to Newbies such as myself and experienced members as well. I'd just really like someone to talk to about this regardless of preference. I've also been told I'm a kick ass listener and I tend to heal best when I'm healing others.

Let me know!

Hey I would love a H buddy in the Houston, Tx area- male/female doesn't matter. It wound be nice to have someone who understands and lives in my area. I do have to agree with others-using the term H buddy does sound funny. I have had herpes abt 10 months maybe a little longer so having someone to talk things through would be so very helpful!

Hi, I would really like to have a H buddy, someone I can share experiences with, seek advice from and vice versa.

I am a 22 year old female, I live in New York. I don't mind the gender as long as we can relate with each other. Quote my post and we can go from there :)

Hey guys,

I'm a twenty year old female, If anyone lives in the Dallas area and isn't a mass murderer, I would love to have someone to talk to! Was diagnosed with genital HSV1 less than a month ago. I have good and bad days, but generally I'm depressed. @ me and I will respond :)

Hi.. I too have been recently diagnosed with Hsv2 - still at the point of feeling like a walking contagion…. would love to have a women to talk to. I am 55 years old and really sad..I live in New Jersey.

Hi I'm 26 in south Carolina a male just found out this news not even a month ago feel like life is over really need someone going there the same to talk to hopefully a female close if not close available to communicate thanks