• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

Hi, everyone! I am a 22 year old female in the Southern California area.

I've been positive since February when my long-time, and seemingly monogamous, sexual partner gave me HSV. I am also a single parent of one and looking for a buddy (male or female) to talk about the emotional/physical toll associated with the diagnosis. It would be nice to talk to a male in his 20s/30s that has reentered the dating scene to get another perspective as well.

I can be reached on this website until a conversation is underway. :)

I am two days into now knowing I carry the virus. I don't want to feel alone. I'm in the az area and am looking for female or male support systems. I want to accept this and know if I had people who understand the emotional pain to be there with me I can do it.

Hey! What a novel idea?!? You've personally put me in contact with two lovely ladies near and far from me, and for that I am thankful :)

I would like to offer up my support to anyone, male or female, who is interested in an HBuddy. This is code for, "Pick me! Pick me!". But seriously, I find that although I'm not the one to be shouting my STD status from the rooftops perse, I can and will do my part to be supportive through an email, text, phone call, coffee chat, whatever the scene might be.

I've had H for 7 years this month, happy anniversary to me! Where does the time go?? I was a young college coed without a care in the world, until bam. Herpes. I was 19, and was sure my dating days were being marked with a tombstone already. I can read from the various discussion boards, that we all come from difference places. Some chose love over herpes and were left with the bill afterwards, some were duped by someone they trusted.

Though it's not as widely publicized, I know that there are those of you out there who got herpes from rape, like myself. Can we say double whammy? I'd like to especially reach out to those people in this forum. We are trying to heal on two fronts and the more love the better I think :)

Here's a little quote to round out my comment: “Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi, thirteenth century Sufi poet. Much love y'all!!

I enjoyed reading and found your quite to be inspiring. I have this thing where I pront out quotes that speak to me and post them on my walls or on my mirror in my bathroom. I think I'll use this one to remind myself what it's really all about. Thank you.

I would love to find people to talk to either in person or online. I'm a 28 year old female and was just diagnosed with ghsv 8/13/15. I would love to talk to anyone really, but would really love to meet other women in my area. I live about an hour and a half from downtown Chicago in Michigan near the stateline. I'm about 15 minutes from Noter Dame. Hope to hear from someone :)

Hi, I just logged into this site for the first time. Reading many of your posts, I feel the need to share with you my experience and hopefully to let you know there is indeed lotsa fun and life to be lived, even with Herpes. I am 53, yes a true veteran on this site and I have had a very fulfilling life. I contracted Herpes at age 19, the summer I graduated high school and felt all grown up and had a summer romance. Came down sick with chills and fever and was diagnosed with a bladder infection. It wasn't picked up on for months. Regardless, I have been in 2 long terms marriages, 19 years and 12, neither partner contracted Herpes and we did not use protection, your choice. My most recent relationship, when I disclosed, he disclosed, he had it too! It's not as uncommon as we think it is. It's more bothersome and annoying and yes sometimes painful, than anything else. Please know you are not alone, the more we share the more we learn and grow and the stigma lessons. I'm from Maine, female, but anyone who would like to write me, I would be more than willing to share as well and be a listener to ease some of our burden. Catherine

This is a really cool idea..

Im looking for an Hbuddy.

Im a 22 girl living out in british columbia.

Looking for someone preferably out here, just want someone i can relate to and talk to.

Ive had this for about a year and sure.. ive told some close friends about it but id like to have someone around that understands.

around my age would be prefered (21-28)

If you're interested, give me a shout!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone out there in the Atlanta area? I'm recently diagnosed. .... as in yesterday. I'd love to talk to male or female and just hear how this doesn't have to be a complete life changer. I'm surprisingly not depressed or anything as of now. But I would like to have someone to help me walk through this journey and what it means for my love life. I'm young, female, in great health, great job. There's still so much ahead of me and I just want reassurance and confidence that this won't affect that. Thank you!

If it makes anyone feel better- I got diagnosed with HSV 2 about a month ago, and told two of my current sex partners who were ok with it. One of them was even cool with having raw sex. I had sex with both of them (seperately) the other day. I'm on Valtrex and not having a breakout. 5% chance of transmission.

If you can't afford healthcare, get medicaid and get a Valtrex prescription for supression.

Sex is possible with HSV 2.

There are a lot of people getting it nowadays and I found that three people I know have some form of HSV- two of them have genital (one has HSV 2 and I think the other has HSV 1) and the other has HSV 1 in her mouth.

Hi - looking for a friend in the South Bay area of Los Angeles, male or female. I was diagnosed nearly 12 years ago and got it from my husband. I've been divorced for almost 6 years and so far it hasn't been a deal breaker until just recently. I only have one other friend who has it and it would be nice to have more people to talk to about it. Thanks!

Male, 36.

Found out about a month ago, figuring out which type soon.

Skype or locally, both OK (I know most people here are from the states, so maybe Skype will have to do).

Looking for someone to talk to, would be good to hear a female perspective from a person that isn't a part of my family.

Not sure what to make of all of it.

Hi, I'm a 38 year old female diagnosed with HSV2, living in central VA. I'd like to have a someone to talk to that is in a discordant relationship, or a HSV+ male that can help me understand a man's point of view while I am talking to my boyfriend about living with herpes.

What's up everyone. I'm a 23 year old fitness model and young professional in Central Texas. I love rodeos, cheap beer, and loud country music.

I'm new to this community and love it, and would love to share my experience with anyone and also hear from others. I got herpes in college not too long ago.

Anyways, I just wanted to say my best potential tool as a resource would be disclosure. I always disclose when I feel a relationship turning physical, and yeah it's hard -- but guess what? People respect you for telling them. It shows you're an honest person with integrity and character. I've disclosed to three people, and none of them have rejected me for it. In fact, they have all told me after the fact how appreciative they were to me for telling them, or that I showed to them "I'm a keeper" after having done so.

So that's what I can bring to the table. As for what I would specifically like, is just someone

who's a bit more experienced, especially in the dating zone, and can sort of share their experiences with it -- I just started seeing a new girl, I'm crazy about her, disclosed and she's okay with it. But would just love someone to talk with about it sometimes.

Feel free to send me a message, male, female, dog cat whatever from anywhere. Thanks y'all

Edit: I'm a dude