• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

I would love to have an H-buddy, in person or for email/messaging/calls, I'm a female, late 40s, in the St. Louis area, and just beginning the journey with H (rising numbers on IgG tests, confirming with WB soon). Some days I'm doing fine with this, other days I feel trapped in a bizarre nightmare, but mostly I think I am still just overwhelmed by the whole diagnosis process with new questions and confusions popping up for me every single day. I'm feeling very alone in the situation although I've got some supportive people behind me, guilty for who I may have exposed, and insecure about moving forward into this, but I really hope to do more than worry and be anxious, I want to make friends and be part of a supportive community. I already do see some faint silver linings here, and hope to find buddies who also want to make silver linings shine brighter!

Hi y'all, I'm a 25 year old female in southwest New Mexico. I've been dealing with this for almost two years, but did not have it diagnosed until about 6 months ago. Anyways, I have good days where I feel like a rockstar and days where I feel like my life is over, so still dealing with that whole emotional rollercoaster. Would love to have a buddy near, far, wherever. Just to talk about this, because I'm starting to feel like my H is going rogue.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to find someone to connect with. I'm in the Philadelphia area but I'm open to talking with someone from any where. I dont know anyone else who has this and i think it would help to connect....The info ive read in this forum has been great so far.. I'm a 34 yr old professional female recently diagnosed, but I think I've had this for a while. I look forward to talking with you!

Hi if anyone would like to talk that would be great. Im 21 and got diagnosed a few months ago. I know that there should be hope for finding someone eventually but I feel pretty hopeless. If anyone wants to talk, male or female I would love that. Just need people to relate to.

-Kate

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am recently diagnosed and would like to have someone to talk to about this. I'm so ashamed to even mention this to my family or friends and I need someone to speak to about this.

I'm a 29yr old female and would like to chat with someone from the NY/NJ area. I have no preference on make or female just need someone to talk to about this.

Hello! 35 years old, female, new to the Atlanta area and African American. I moved here for a new position and still have yet to get really acquainted with the city, hence, online dating sites run amuck. Anyway, I was diagnosed on November 20 and I really want to keep up the positivity with having moved here and giving myself the chance to settle in, etc.

I love good food but working on going vegan full time, getting back on a workout routine, live music, and sports events. I would just like someone that's experiencing some of the same woes or someone who has been down this path and are living life to the fullest. One thing that I'm afraid of is being active and sweating and not knowing how bad it could all get. Plus, I just need to get over the guys in my life. Thoughts are important and it would be great to fill them with more than work, diet issues, and relationship regrets. Get in touch with me!!

Hi,

I am 22 and just found out i have this horrible virus. I think i am coping ok but would just like to talk to someone about how i can stop myself from going into that depressing state every single time it crops to my mind. I don't mind who i talk to really; same age group or just someone who can help me cope better than i am. Thing is i have always been that strong minded person who likes to help others but i am at that point where i just want someone to talk to. I have done my research from what this means long term to relationship but none of it is making sense to me. I have plucked up the courage to tell one person but i am still not doing so well so i thought i'll give a forum a whirl, a bunch of people who are going through the same as me.

Would just like someone to help me get through it. I am fed up of thinking bad about myself and go from happy to unhappy every so often!

I would be extremely grateful if there is someone who can help me. I don't mind how far a way you are, better if you are close, but just need a buddy!

Thanks

Xx

Hi all-

Like all of us, I'm looking for someone to talk to openly and be somewhat of a sounding board for the sometimes chaos that is my mind about this. Of course it is a two way street, and I'm here to be a buddy to talk to as well.

For the last few months (despite all the lifestyle adjustments and actually throughout a multi-month long travel), my prodrome and outbreaks are endless. I think I've come to terms with the fact I have herpes, but it is the consistency and continually of the outbreaks that I just can't come to terms with - and it is what wrecks havoc on my brain even in moments I should be enjoying.

Although I can rationally tell myself things will work out, I'm at certain points every day worried, mad and searching the web for stories of others who had a period of constant problems. I am, however, very happy in my life too and just don't want this to control me. I guess I'm looking for some solace in someone else and his or her experiences. I can provide a welcoming ear and a sounding board to chat about you, too!

Chicago is home, but I am open to buddies both near and far. As I'm traveling for a couple more months I'm not in Chi anyway. Ideally someone who has experienced a long period of outbreaks. I am a 25 year old female but I'm open to talking to any gender.

Looking forward to connecting with some great people.

Hi everyone. My name is Taylor. I was diagnosed with type one a little over a week ago. I am really struggling and would love to talk to someone, male or female. I am 19, so someone close in age would be nice. I live in Montana.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm looking for someone to talk to and can understand what im going through. in the last week that i found out i got herpes. i have got so much anger,be trail, and just wondering where i got it from. im age 28 going to be 29 in a few months.

Hi i'm on here looking for a friend to talk to about my situation.

It all starts when me and my current boyfriend have been together for almost two years.

I ended up two day before Christmas coming down with feeling there was something wrong but then i pushed it of for two more days. so early Christmas morning i could not take it anymore. (i was having so much pain going to the bathroom). so i finally go in to the er and then come to find out they say i have herpes. At that point in my life i was starting to fall a part. Had so much anger and sadness and just wanting to burst into tears all the time. it turned my relationship for the worst. had a hard time getting along with family and friends and then it felt like i was out on my own with going no were and having no one to talk to. So at that point i wanted to start looking for a support group. Up in my area i do not believe they have support groups. so if anyone could please give a helping hand and become my h friend. Its nice to know that your not alone.

Hi everyone, I just found out I have HSV 2 a couple of days ago. I've been an emotional wreck and no one around me seems to fully understand what I'm going through. I'd like to find a buddy on here that I can keep in contact with, mainly to share whatever is on our minds and to possible build a friendship as well. I'm 33 yrs old and live in WA.

Hi everyone, I am new to this, I haven't even been diagnosed yet. My appointment is tomorrow but I know that the moments coming, I cannot stop thinking about how horrible this is and why me, how me. I am not comfortable in my own body (considering my first outbreak has been severe I hope this will soon get better). At this point I am too embarrassed to even tell anyone about it. I'm 18 and looking to talk to someone male or female.

Hi everyone,

I'm a 21 year old female from New Jersey. On NYE I started feeling sore down there but attributed it to rough sex (my gyno asked what "rough" met lol awkward). Anyway, a week later I finally took a look down there and was totally at a loss of words. Although not in a relationship, I had been sexually active with this one person for months. I was diagnosed with H the next day. Still waiting to figure out which simplex although at this point I'm thinking HSV2. It hurts and it's uncomfortable. It looks a lot worse though than it feels I suppose. The emotional damage is unreal. I have always had clinical depression and now this just makes it 100 times worse. I know in the end no matter how careful you are, sex is like Russian roulette. I really would like someone to talk too. Anyone. I don't know how to date on a good day and that was before my diagnosis.

• 2 weeks later...