• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum, or any forum for that matter. I've had a really bad few years and this passed year has been the worst EVER. To make a long story short, my wife of 4 years left me, took the kids and moves to Virginia after we all moved the year before to Maryland. So I'm stuck in Maryland trying to get back on my feet aafter the divorce because Maryland is the closest to my kids that i can afford. Things are pretty much civil between us and we work with each other as co parents should but things are still hard. Emotionally I've been a reck not because of the divorce. I'm over that. But because I found out I may have the virus a week after i got married, apparently things didn't work out and i never thought i would be single again. But the dating scene hasn't been go ao well for me. So far I've meet to women that i was really into and thing between us were awsome. I was into them and they were into me, but as soon as i told them about my issue they completely changed. It has adfected me really bad, not because they changed and didn't want me anymore but because of the reason why, the reason being the virus. It makes it even worse that i don't know anyone out here where im at. My days consist of work and going to the gym because i ddon't like being home. I'm a boxer so i spend alot of time training, probably more than i should but when your depressed and have no one to talk to it's either find something constructive or get into a bad vice, and i refuse to let my kids see me beat. In all reality I'm looking for some support, meet new friends and see what this site has to offer. Hopefully i can get some insight or something. I don't really have any problem sharing so just ask away if any questions.

Hi everyone,

I'm a 21 year old female from New Jersey. On NYE I started feeling sore down there but attributed it to rough sex (my gyno asked what "rough" met lol awkward). Anyway, a week later I finally took a look down there and was totally at a loss of words. Although not in a relationship, I had been sexually active with this one person for months. I was diagnosed with H the next day. Still waiting to figure out which simplex although at this point I'm thinking HSV2. It hurts and it's uncomfortable. It looks a lot worse though than it feels I suppose. The emotional damage is unreal. I have always had clinical depression and now this just makes it 100 times worse. I know in the end no matter how careful you are, sex is like Russian roulette. I really would like someone to talk too. Anyone. I don't know how to date on a good day and that was before my diagnosis.

Hi there I'm Alex I'm new myself to this forum and I'm back on the market i guess you can say. I'm not having much success tho because of the issue, ive been in a state of depression myself cause of it and other things but i hide it pretty well lol. Anyway idk how this H buddy thing works but i know i could use one. If you wanna talk that feel free to write me.

I've been living with HSV-2 for over 20 years. I contracted it along with HPV from a guy I I was dating in college. That being said, I've been asymptomatic for years, but that does not exclude me from the disclosure talk. I've just recently had a very bad experience disclosing to a frightfully uneducated potential partner. It totally sucks to be rejected, but please always remember, they reject the HSV-2, and not you. I'm looking for buddies in any age range, any gender. I would be more than happy to mentor anyone, but would really love a woman in their 40s to help each other over this particular challenge.

I would love to chat sometime and hear your thoughts on rejectment. I am a 34 year old woman and got this lovely gift from my ex husband. I have been on many dates, some have put me in the tricky position to tell them. I have been rejected twice due to this. It feels humiliating and when it happens I can't help but feel I will never find love due to this.

Hi there. I'm an almost 50 year old female living in the SEATTLE area with my two kids.

I just signed onto this site tonight. I learned that I had contracted HSV2 from my ex-husband back in 2012 - 6 months after separation. I have never had an outbreak. Never even bothered to tell him I know ...

Since I finally started dating about a year ago, I've not had any issues with disclosure, then WAM! December happened. Feeling a little raw and regrouping. My sister sent me the the transcript of the great interview Adrial did on KUOW our local NPR channel (last week?) and so here I am.

Would love to connect with women or men in my area - ideally in my age range as life issues might be similar as well as understanding kid schedules. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I have had HSV2 for about 10 years now and really would like to be in an intimate relationship again (meaning sexual)... I have had men interested in me, yet the couple of times that I have taken the chance and disclosed my diagnosis, they stopped cold. Is it easier to try to meet someone on here who already has the same diagnosis? I feel like I will continue to be rejected...

Hey there, So I've had HSV-2 for about 6 months now, I'm in NYC, would love to speak to someone in the area or anyone one at all really. I'm 22 and a female. I'm in a very numbed state of mind, I have not had any outbreaks and I have been going about life just like it was a bump in the road. I am not able to speak to anyone about this and I think it's because of that I have pushed it aside. I have not been in a intimate relationship since then and I've been closed off to having one due to the fact that I don't want the first person I share this with is someone who might not have that much knowledge about the matter. So if you'd like to chat feel free to send me a message :)

I'm in Minnesota and am looking for support. I haven't told anyone yet as I haven't been diagnosed. I talked to my doctor and she isn't concerned however I have been having some alarming symptoms. I know I have herpes although I don't have sores yet but my body has never felt like this before and all signs point to some of herpes. I need support so badly. I know a few of my friends will understand but I can't bring myself to tell anyone yet w out a diagnosis.

I am so freak out, when I diagnosed genital herpes. I have a kid and a wife, I am so afraid of she leaving me for knowing that I have genital herpes.I do not fear the herpes or those symptom.I fear the react that people know I got genital herpes. I fear the discrimination that if people know I have genital herpes. somebody help me.

I am 30, male, living in China.

My wife doesn't know yet, and I have not intercourse with her since I found I may have STD.

I am really regret and hope god will give me a second chance. But time can not go back.

I have to face my live, my work, my family. I feel really terrible. I really need some help.

I found out I have HSV-2 almost a year ago after a devastating breakup in which I learned my BF was living a double life. I can't say that after a year any of it's easier. There are days when I feel like I'm going to move on and start dating...then I worry about facing rejection due to the herpes. I really don't feel like I can handle someone treating me harshly because of this. My friends tell me it's not big deal, and no one cares.But I'm scared...and I feel like I'm worth less than what I was worth before. I'm so sad. I would love to find someone to talk to. I'm a 39 year old female, living in New Jersey.