• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

I'd really like to speak to someone about my experience, I had my first outbreak 3 weeks ago and am really struggling with my partner. NO preference as to Male of Female, I am a 41 year old woman. Any experience with polyamory or open relationships a plus but an open mind is all I really need. I contracted HSV-1 genitally recently, and live in Northern Virginia. Message me on here or comment. Thank you so much.

Hello,

I am a male in my late twenties living in Western Wisconsin about an hour's drive from Minneapolis/St.Paul.

I was raised mostly by females and seem to have an easier time talking to ladies.

It would be nice if I could talk to some one near me, but this isn't necessarily a must.

For as long as I remember the trait others appreciate most about me is my ability to offer rare perspectives and my ability to listen. I feel awkward when all the focus is on me; I would like to offer my support more than I feel I would be comfortable asking some one to take on my especially convoluted way of seeing things.

I am hoping to find some one around my age to talk to. I have always felt a little like a pariah and now that an intimate part of myself breaks out in lesions I feel like a leper. It would help me just to feel like some one else's confidant.

In addition; I would like to avoid any one religious... Jewish, Buddhist or Hindu would be fine, but I am extremely disenchanted with Christianity as well as Islam and it may bring up conflict.

Thank you for reading and best wishes to you and your loved ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I am not sure if anyone even still goes on here but I need someone to talk to. Up until this week I seemed to be ok with my H. I was diagnosed 3 years ago but my ex and I were ok with my condition. He did not give it to me but I found out shortly after dating him. Luckily he never got it. But now that we are no longer together I feel alone. I also suffer from depression so this has been a really tough issue to handle alone. I cant go to any friends or family because no one knows. Just don't know where to go from here.

Hey everyone,

So i am waiting to be diagnosed with herpes officially but I am fairly sure that I have it. This has been pretty crappy timing because I was about to start a new relationship with someone I have been talking to for a long long time. I told him it was possible that I had herpes and he freaked out. I really care about this person and I just feel so rejected.

It has been hard because I don't really know much as I haven't even been diagnosed and the only information I have is what I have found online. All I really want is for someone to be able to talk to me and help me through the motions of being new to this. Male or female if you have any advice for me I would be so grateful.

Thanks

Hello I am a 25 years old male who's looking for Hbuddy near me I lived in the North NJ area it would be nice to be able to have a friend to talk to about this, asked question on what to do or be there to support each other anyway m/f someone to disclose our fears about H without being judge.

Hey guys-- I'm a 28 y/o female living in New York. I would love to talk to someone in my area. I've been on a string of dates lately and after some time have disclosed having H only to be rejected or slowly ghosted. It would be really nice to talk to someone who has or can understand experiencing this, or really about anything H related. If anyone is nearby and wants to talk, let me know! Male or Female, doesn't matter

Hey everyone... I'm also new to this and would love some support and someone to talk to. I'm 31 female from Texas. Going through a rough spot with breaking up with bf, trying to find a place to live, decide if I even want to continue with this breakup or try to work things out, and deal with the realization that I have HSV too... Just so much going on.

Hi everybody, just got the diagnosis a few days ago. Really struggling and feeling alone, I would welcome a chance to talk to anyone else, either in my area or not. I'm in Toledo, Oh, 32 year old female. I'd be happy to talk to other people too who are looking for people to talk to, I don't have any advice to offer, but I can be a listening ear. Thanks.

Hi,

I am looking for an H-Buddy. In a very emotionally abusive relationship as he threatens to tell " the truth" about me if I leave relationship. I am afraid, because I have a successful business and only he and the person who gave it to me 5 years ago. I went in anti-depressants for first time last year, due to suicidal thoughts. Meds helped a lot, but I still feel alone, isolated and trapped in this relationship. It feels like he can treat me anyway he wants, because he has this hanging over my head. Also sex-drive at ground zero, related to just feeling like I am " dirty" and could never have a normal, healthy relationship anyway. I have lost trust in faith in people around me, which again has affected ability to form friendships. I would appreciate any encouragement. Thank you so much...

Hello, I'm looking for someone to talk to about living with H. I was Recently diagnosed with HSV-2 and have few people that I feel like I can talk to about it. I'm a 36 y/o male currently living in New Hampshire. Would love to talk to anyone out there male or female about all this HSV, helpful just to know that I am not alone. Thanks -E

Hi, I'm 18. I havnt been diagnosed but I'm almost positive I have genital herpes... It's beyond uncomfortable I dread going to the bathroom.. I have so many bumps that keep coming I don't know what to do. I don't want to tell my mom I feel so embarrassed. I'm scared to even go to the doctors but I know I need too. I cry every day because of this, idk what to do. I'm so scared ... I need a h buddy

Hello, I was diagnosed with the h virus almost 4 years ago. And no matter how much time passes I think I would come to term's with it and accept it. But every on reminds me that it's still there. I honestly don't know when I got it or who I got it from. I still cry about it every now and then. I passed it on to my husband and it doesn't bother him at all. But we don't talk about it and I don't want people to know that I have it but I find myself wanting to tell strangers that I have it. I don't know if that means I'm coming to terms with the fact that I have I and it's never going to go away. I however do not know the strand that I have because the doctor only looked at and and said that's what I had. Didn't do any tests , didn't give me any information on it. Nothing to tell me what to expect. I was left in the dark. Everything I know now I researched.

Hi, I'm a 30 year old guy in NYC who was just diagnosed and is dealing with his first outbreak. I told a friend but she freaked out more than I did and actually made me feel worse. I'm still just trying to come to terms with this entire thing. I also dread having to tell prospective romantic partners about this. If anyone wants to talk, please let me know. Thanks.

**REMINDER ABOUT THIS THREAD**

This is all about one-on-one live support, talking about something that for the most part isn't talked about. Simply talking about herpes with another person openly is healing and normalizing. Shame can only exist in the shadows, when it's not talked about. As much as typing out your feelings helps, I'm excited to get this community connecting on a more personal (live) level.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

STEP 1

Post what you would like in a buddy in this thread.

SUGGESTIONS: Post here whether you'd like to have a buddy that's ...

- male/female

- in your area (if so, where do you live?)

- need support or would like to give support

- any other qualities you're looking for in a buddy

STEP 2:

Private message whoever is a good match for you (click on their name and press the "Message" button).

You can scan this (h) buddies thread and private message anyone who you're drawn to buddying with to either talk on the phone or Skype. Ta-da! You just made a new buddy. :)

(IMPORTANT: Please don't use this thread for conversations.)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Hi, I am a newly diagnosed (a month and a half ago). Physical part of this doesn't bother me much but I need a buddy who can help me through the emotional part of my diagnosis. M/F, age and location doesn't matter. I just need someone who can lead the way to acceptance. Thanks.