• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

Hey lovely people! I would love someone to talk to about this! Anyone else here dealing with this abroad? I live in Spain and I'm having problems disclosing with the language barrier, if anyone here has any experience with this issue I'd love to get some advice. I'm also eager to talk to just about anyone about this, I've been dealing with this for 5 years and have kept it a secret for the most part and it's killing me inside to do so. Emails would be preferred right now, thanks! Have a wonderful day everyone!

Hello everyone.

I'd love an H buddy. If there is any male who has gone through his mid-thirties, single, with H, I would love to talk to you. I'd prefer if you are in the Seattle area, in case we hit it off we can meet up!

As is probably the case with most people here, I'd like to talk about your experiences dating, meeting women, giving "the talk" (I think I will have to do my first real one next week), and finding happiness. Please let me know if you are available.

Thanks.

Hi, y'all! My name is Katherine. I'm 31, from coastal Alabama, and I was diagnosed today. I'm overwhelmed and cannot figure exactly what my feelings are at this point. I'm totally non-judgmental and looking for new friends of any gender identity and any sexual preference who have been through this already. I've only told my mom and the guy I'm seeing (who is laying a guilt trip on me like I magically contracted this virus all by myself) and I'm a bit beside myself at the moment. Having this brand new, intense diagnosis met with what amounts to emotional abuse from someone who says that he loves you is devastating. I'd definitely be down to exchange numbers for texting once comfortable, and would prefer email, Skype or KIK until then. Shoot me a private message and I'll get back to you ASAP!

A little about me:

I quit the job from hell over the weekend and am about to start working for a great company. I'm beyond excited!

I live with my disabled mother, so I assist her with a lot of things like errands and doctor visits.

I'm partially bionic in my right leg, and will need the total knee replacement as soon as I'm old enough. (I'll explain that later if you are interested!)

I am obsessed with crafting/DIY. Pinterest and HGTV, diy network are my weaknesses.

Any kind of music makes me feel better. My playlist ranges from heavy metal to country to 80s to 00's boybands.

While I haven't been lucky enough to have two-legged babies, I have some four-legged fur babies that are rescued.

I hope to hear from some of you soon!

Hello, I'm 34 and living in Lancaster,Pa. Recently found out I'm HSV2 positive and have a hard time dealing with it emotionally. I am normally a very up beat and positive person. This, however, has been a real kick in the gut. I would love someone in my area or close to it. I would be much better at face to face as sometimes the Internet can make everything feel so distant and not real. Male or female. It doesn't matter. Thank you.

Hey. I'm 29 and I'm in north Charleston,SC. I was diagnosed last month and I'm still trying to figure it all out. I'm trying to figure out how to live life and be happy with herpes. I'm just want to talk to anyone that will listen and give good advice and words of encouragement. The hardest part I have to deal with is not giving blood to my only child if it ever comes to that. I'm really trying and just want someone to talk too. And I have HSV2

Hello, I was diagnosed a year ago and I still feel incredibly new to this. I am still not comfortable in my own skin and just avoid the opposite sex so I don't have to have "the talk". I've buried myself in work and projects so I'm constantly occupied so I don't have to think about what I now have. If there is anyone who can help me out I would appreciate it so much.

Thank you.

Hi everyone, I'm a 26 year old female recently diagnosed with HSV 2. I'm finding it hard to accept my diagnosis, I struggle emotionally every day, feeling like my whole world has been turned upside down. I carry a lot of self blame and guilt, even though I caught it from a guy I was in a relationship with at the time - he was unaware that he had it. Our relationship didn't work out, and now I'm struggling to handle this as a single person. I've convinced myself that I'll never meet anyone, marry or have a family of my own, something that I would love to have one day. I'm successful in every other aspect of my life, I have a lot going for me, but I've always said that I would trade it all to have a family and be in a loving relationship. I feel like that's no longer an option. I feel very unsupported by the healthcare system in the UK (I'm from Scotland), I was advised in a 5 minute phone call that I had the virus and wasn't offered a follow up appointment to discuss treatment options. I've researched the condition myself and bought my own medication. I wasn't given the opportunity to talk to anyone about it. I feel very alone. I'd love to have someone to talk to, male or female, preferably both.

Thank you.

Hi Germini26,

I knew how you feel...believe me....I have been through. I got herpes from my ex-husband and he did not tell he had it. Our marriage did not last for long. I had to cope with those feelings for a long time. You are not alone. MSG me. I would like to be your friend. :)

Hi everyone. I am a 21 year old female who was diagnosed with HSV-2 a few days ago. I am a complete wreck. I'm not sure where to go from here. I feel as though my life is spiraling down into a never ending hole that I'll never be able to get out of. The only person who knows about my diagnosis is my mom and she is very supportive, but I would like to have support from more than one person. I don't want to tell any of my friends or family yet because I'm not ready for that step yet, so I figured I would reach out to find other friends who are going through the same thing as me. I would be ever so grateful if I could find a buddy (male, female or both!) to help me through this confusing and painful time in my life.

Hi guys, I am a 24 year old female that was diagnosed less than a week ago. I am still reeling from the news. Essentially, this is a lifestyle change and I'm trying to figure out all that it entails. I have so many questions and I would love the opportunity to talk to someone who has been down this road about different options (suppressive therapy or not), having a balanced life (beyond the eating right and exercising, but vitamins and other things to keep stress down), to understanding how I can have a good and healthy sex life. I find myself in the good days and bad days mentality right now and today has been a good day. I want to say thank you to this community, you guys have been a huge help in showing me that life can go on. I don't know what I would have done without this forum to turn to in the odd hours of the night when I can't sleep. So if anyone is out that that is willing to talk, let me know. It would be nice to talk to some people about thsee beginning steps.

Hi all! I'm a 39 year old female that was diagnosed with HSV2 a year and a half ago. I would love to have a H buddy that also lives in the Los Angeles/Orange County area of southern California- it would be great to have someone to talk to and be friends! Thanks!

The day after I had my first BO and was diagnosed I changed the dating site i was on to a herpes one. I have had no issue with having this disease other than giving up 10 times more possible dates on another dating site, The herpes dating site has a lot less men there, but they seem to be more sincere since we have the same thing.

Hello, I am a mid-40s female living in the mid-atlantic region. I have known that I have had HSV-2 for nine years now. I am curious if anyone wrestles with the ethics of being sexually involved with someone who doesn't have it, even if they say they are okay with the risks. I would like to hear how you have dealt with it when you have transmitted it, even with full disclosure.

Hello, 22 year old female just diagnosed yesterday, would really love some support from a lady in her 20s. I am not overwhelmingly devastated however I have a lot of questions and have been going back and forth from feeling super upset and super positive