• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

Diagnosed a couple days ago. Going through my first break out. Omg someone please talk me through this. I have no idea how to deal with this or what to expect. I'm a mess. I live in Cincinnati. Gender doesn't matter. I'm 29 and am female. I need someone to talk to asap please.

hi everyone i'm a 30 year old female in PA. i was diagnosed last year and at the time was in a relationship, but we just recently broke up so now i'm looking for some help with the dating scene. at this point, i feel like i'm going to be alone for forever. it's daunting and depressing to think about it, but i can't imagine that anyone will want to be with me knowing that i have this.

So I just found this site while looking through websites to get help. Honestly I just need support I've done all the research I need on everything to get through it. But I've had this for 5 years and I can't seem to figure out how to even go about having this conversation with someone I want to pursue a relationship with. I'm just having a hard time

Hello I'm a 44 yr old male not looking for a relationship just a H buddy to talk to Male or Female I found out Feb of this yr still having a tuff time dealing with this living hell I need some advice from someone who's has the experience with this awful disease of how to take care of oneself to move on like supplements that works well & food that won't trigger a outbreak I been careful & had minor outbreaks & not been on any treatments because Dr said that I don't need any that I should be okay basically saying to me too bad & live with it. So any advice how to naturally suppress it I appreciate.

I'm a 44 female and I am getting a divorce. 17 years ago I made the choice to take the HSV-2 risk with my partner who later became my husband. After 10 years of not contracting, it happened. Now I'm going back into the dating world and having a huge challenge. I met someone 4.5 months ago. We were chatting online and he knew about my HSV-2+ status before we met in person. When we got together we found we had amazing chemistry. I'm head over heels for him at this point and he says he loves me too. Our relationship was progressing really nicely. Well - the mental connection is amazing and we are both extremely attracted to each other. We have had sexual relations biased towards me giving him oral sex and me masturbating with assistance. However, we haven't successfully had penis-vagina sex (attempts with condom). This is an important bonding element we both acknowledged is important to take the relationship to the next level. He finally admitted that even though he really thought in the beginning he would eventually be ok with it, he is still frightened of me physically. Both his therapist and I suggested he do more research to improve his comfort level and it kind of backfired. This was last week and since then he has been afraid to do anything - I think he is even afraid to kiss me. He had asked for my patience because he still wants to try to keep us together since the mental romance is so good. But, I can feel him pulling away and it is breaking my heart. I'm looking for someone to talk to who had a similar experience - I need help in accepting the choice I am afraid he will make and to help not feeling unwanted and rejected. But mainly to just help comfort a broken heart with sincere empathy. Please help.

Hey everyone, i am by no means an expert on the subject, but I am about to be 2 yrs HSV2 positive and think I can be a sounding board to anyone that needs it. I haven't been too active on here since I first got this, but I think I should be, not only to help others but because I also still have the need to have people in my same boat in my life. I only disclose to potential sexual partners because those are the only relevant people that need to know. I haven't told anyone else other than one of my friends just because i needed to get it out of my system, but I think it would be good for me (and for anyone else that needs it) to have people that can actually understand me so we can freely talk about whatever we need.

Message me if you are up for it, here or kik at darkangelkik or I can give you my email if you want.

I know it is difficult coming to terms with this and moving on to a normal life, but trust me, it is not the end of the world. Just seems like it now because your normal is different now. Just take your time. :)

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

J

Hi. I'm 47yo single female never married, no kids, living in CT diagnosed HSV2 July 2015. Been a long year of why's, cries, self love and self forgiveness. This website is a welcome beacon of support and hope. Thank you Adrial and all the members of the H community. You have a friend in me.

• Like 1

I am a 28 year old female from the Seattle area. Recently diagnosed with HSV-2 less than a week ago. I am still reeling from the news. Essentially, this is a lifestyle change and I'm trying to figure out all that it entails. I have so many questions and I would love the opportunity to talk to someone who has been down this road, want or also need support, and help understanding how I can have a good and healthy sex life. I find myself in the good days and bad days mentality right now. I want to say thank you to this community, you guys have been a huge help in showing me that life can go on. I don't know what I would have done without this forum to turn to when it can feel like you are so alone and everyone around you is looking at you differently now. So if anyone is out that that is willing to talk, let me know. It would be nice to talk to some people (local or not) in the same situation.

WANT TO JOIN OUR H OPP VIRTUAL SUPPORT GROUP?

I'm reaching out to the H Opp community to see what kind of interest there is in a live support group over the phone. If you're interested, fill out this questionnaire:

http://bit.ly/29EgN89

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

I have HSV2 and I'm waiting for test results to see if I have HSV1. I live in Pomona, CA and I would prefer a female but a male is just fine. I'm also bipolar. It hasn't totally sunk in yet, but I imagine my frequent boughts of depression are going to make weathering this virus even harder than it already is. So I just don't want to do it alone. I need help coping. I feel sad and alone. Two things I'm used to feeling having lived with a mental illness for years.

Aloha H-Family,

I am looking for a female H-Buddie between the age of 20-35 that lives in New Zealand for friendship and possible more if the vibe aligns. I have always been interested in NZ and would like to use this wonderful web community to help manifest my reality. At times the H path is a challenging one. I am available to provide support for an other soul on the same path. If you might be that person. Please reach out and say aloha,

Mahalo Nui Loa

Hello I am a new diagnosie at 21. I found out I have H we do not know of ours type 1 or 2 I couldn't afford that test were I live. I hope for a female buddy but I will accepte either a male or female buddy, but wonder if I may relate to a female better do to similar structure even if symptoms vary by individual. I also hoped for someone close to home to meet in person but long distance would be fine if text, Skype, or call. I was looking for guidance from a veteran h suffer for advice and support as I struggle in the first weeks or months. I would be Willing to chat with other new diagnosis individuals if that would help them as we both learned two live with this. I am in Walton county, GA. If there ate any close by buddies.

Hi there, I am a 30 year old female living in China and was recently diagnosed. I would love to have a buddy to talk to. I am trying to figure out now how to take care of my body as it adjusts to the virus. I love living an active life and want to keep it up :)

I'm in my early 20s and was diagnosed about 4 months ago. Emotionally, I'm really struggling to come to terms with my diagnosis while also educating myself. I haven't told any friends or family, and I guess I'm now finally getting to a point where I'm not in denial, and would like to just learn more about what I'm going to have to live with. Im a female, but I'm open to either male or female buddy. I live in Florida and would love to be able to talk on the phone/skype/text or even meet up, but it's fine if you don't live near me. Thank you!

Hello fellow peeps:)

I'm so happy I found this forum. I am 42 years young and have had this lovely virus for 21 years now. Wow, I feel old saying that but it is what it is! To this day, I've never met anyone open enough to share with me that they too have this lovely virus but I have shared with many in hopes that someone will know what I'm living with. Over the years I've dealt with some of the VERY painful emotional and physical effects of this lovely virus. What I've learned, is that if I eat naturally and pay attention to my body's signs the ride is not as bumpy. I live in the beautiful Seattle area with my fiance of 6 years and 3 children. It would be wonderful to meet up with another female/mom/survivor in person for some tea or coffee if you dare, lol I do, and talk about our stories, share our successes and our rants if we need.

All the best to each and every one of you on this journey!