• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

I was diagnosed with hsv1 genital herpes December 2016. I'm still trying to suck up every piece of information I can find. I'm also trying to live normally and not be so hard on myself. I've been dating but I struggle with disclosure...when to disclose and how. I also fear sex bc I don't want to infect anyone. I would love a buddy to chat with. Maybe if I can speak about it with a friend who understands, it'll help with what I'm going through. 27/female NY LI. Please please message me all friends are welcome :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm am 33 year old female. I was recently diagnosed having genital herpes. I am feeling lost and sad and confused. My family has been amazingly supportive as well as the Dr 's who have helped to treat me. But I still feel alone and like my life is over. I would love to have someone to talk to either male/female. I have so many questions like how do I know when an outbreak starts etc. it would be great to have someone to turn to. Thanks so much in advance.

Hi my name is Belle and I found out I had it about 8 months ago. I live in wisconsin, I am 37 in april turning 38 and I would like another female to talk to that had experience with this for many years because I have many questions and I have read about all the facts, transmission rates and ways to prevent anyone from getting it but I am I still concerned on the dating side cause I still want to get married, maybe due to age no kids but still get married and live my life with someone for long term. I am so upset that it won't happen, so anyone who can relate and can talk to me would be great. Thank you

Also if anyone needs someone to talk to I am also here to help, i don't know how much I can be since I very new to this but I will always listen

Hey what an amazing idea

I've just joined this site today and I am seriously overwhelmed with all the amazing positive people on this site it really does help me especially being newly diagnosed you all seem so awesome!!

I would love to have people to speak to male and female :)

I live in England Birmingham but I don't mind where the people are from who speak to me

Hello! I would love a buddy to chat with online or maybe even meet for coffee. I'm female, recently diagnosed in October 2016 and I live in Jacksonville, FL. I would prefer a female buddy at the moment, preferably a veteran but I would love to talk to anyone who's sharing this challenge with me.

Hello, I live in Florida... was diagnosed over 15 months ago when I got back together with my ex... surprise surprise, it didn't work out after a yearish. I knew the relationship wasn't healthy and the only reason I stayed most of the time is because of the fact he exposed me to this virus and didn't think I could be with anyone else ever again. I was ashamed and willing to marry this guy despite the unhealthy relationship that we had just so I could avoid the dating scene. Finally, a concerned friend could notice my unhappiness and I came out to her I had H. She managed to convince me that it wasn't a big deal and that she had family members that dated people that had it and her sibling never contracted it or considered it a big deal. She told me not to settle. So I left him and here I am back in the dating scene. I just want either a female or male buddy that can help me through the highs and lows of dealing with this socially in the dating scene. Sorry for my long winded story, just thought I'did give some background. Thanks everyone!

28 male living in Los Angeles. Diagnosed with herpes 7 months ago from my ex girlfriend. I'm here to offer my support to any individual going through a hard time with this disease. At first I was devastated when I found out I was HSV positive for type 1 & 2 until I came across this site and forum and received the support I needed. Now I'm in a much better state of mind about this and would love to share my experiences about this disease with anyone.

I'm looking for a buddy:

- male/female does not matter, though both would be great. I'm female, would love the male perspective on matters, dating advice, disclosure, etc.

- I'm in Michigan, but through the magic of the interwebs, I can be ANYWHERE! *insert Spongebob "It's Magic" gif here*

- Support needed. Support given when I learn how to drive this bus, as it were.

A little about me,

Recently divorced (June 2016), 1 partner (ex-husband), contracted GHSV1 through him when we were dating. He claimed to be STD free, though he said "sometimes I get this spot on my dick, but the doctor says it's nothing." As a 27 year old virgin, I tended to still believe bullshit and about 4 months later, his story changed to "Oh, I guess it was something after all." I stayed with him, got married, and dealt with it, having no shame, because "Hey, we love each other. We're married. No stigma here!" He divorced me after 13 of marriage, 16 years together total. He just didn't want to be married anymore.

Not looking for a pity party; just giving background on the "why's and how's". I'm really better off without him as a life partner (got 7 more years until the youngest is 18. Until then I still have to co-parent) because believe it or not, this was not the worst he's done. But that's not for here. You must charge obscene amounts of money for a 50 minute hour and ask me about my mother in a heavy German accent to hear the rest of the story.

I would like to get back out and date. I'm still relatively young. As I told one friend, life is good by myself. It'd be better with someone else. I just need to get over the feeling that my life is ruined for any romantic relationships. Despite the jokes and the otherwise positive attitude, I can't help feeling that it is.

Thanks for reading. Good luck and God bless.

Hi, I'm new, just diagnosed two days ago with hsv2 and looking for some buddies (male or female) in the Long Beach / LA area for support. I'm still in the initial shock stages of being diagnosed, so any type of support from someone who has lived a relatively normal existence with this would be most preferred. I'm usually very active (this has caused a bit of depression naturally) but I love to bike, hike, rock climb, roller skate, eat delicious foods, yoga, paddleboard.... you name it. I'd like to find myself and my love for these things again, as I'm having a bit of a hard time. I'll be 33 in about a week. Thanks!

I NEED someone to talk to!

I was diagnosed with GH in December 2016. It was a very long and excruciatingly painful process. I'm still really confused and I don't have any support. I can't tell my family but I have told some of my friends. . . they were nice but I feel like an outcast. I've already dealt with rejection behind this.

The only way I get through my days is by acting like this doesn't exist but I want and need to deal with this to move on with my life. I just don't know how. . .

I'm a 30 y/o female.

I have no preference on male or female to conversate with.

I would just love to be heard, and gain wisdom and insight.

Hello Everyone, I've got genital herpes 4 months back. I've been on aciclovir for past 4 months. I've stopped aciclovir now. But, I fell exhausted now. N suffering from upset stomach and loss of appetite. Please, help me guys. I am suffering from much mental trauma. Pls help me out.

Lv u!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I been Diagnosed for 6 years now. I don't talk about it much, depressed most of the time. This year has been especially hard for me. So drained just want to stay in alone more and more. Wishing for a friend to support and be supportive in my area