• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

Hi there. I am a 46 year old female in Toronto. Happy to talk to you about living with herpes I have children, married. Life can go on. There are still a lot of feelings that may not go away but with help you can be happy and love yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been about a month now since my diagnosis. Some days are harder than others, trying to be "normal" , being myself, living my life to the fullest I can only hope to find love again, the stigma is real- we can't escape it....

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!!

I'm 37 years old and new to this site and also would like to have some type of support that is dealing with HSV1 and HSV2. I was diagnose with herpes 3 weeks ago and I'm having a hard time accepting that I have herpes. a lot of thoughts come to mind like I wont be able to have a healthy relationship and also I'm afraid to tell my future partner because I'm afraid to get rejected. I'm very upset with my self because I was always careful with my health and body and finding out that I was diagnose with herpes, I felt very disappointed with my self.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! 30 year old female, looking for a female/male buddy in the New England area to share support with. Diagnosed last summer and haven't had anyone to talk about this with since being diagnosed.

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely love a buddy. I don't know how much support I can provide in the form of information, coping strategies, or lifestyle changes...I literally just received my HSV1 & 2 diagnosis about an hour ago, but I plan on devouring as much info as I can. For the next few hours, maybe days, I'm just going to try to return to normalcy. I can't let this define me. This is my first OB, started mid June and it's been fairly traumatic. I'm a 34 year old female and I live in South Florida. I've told no one and, for the time being, don't plan on it. I guess I need time to make peace with this before I disclose this information to family/friends. It's all very raw and I'm feeling incredibly fragile and vulnerable. I'd hate to misinterpret a neutral reaction because I'm so emotionally reactive right now. I think I'd like to focus on my overall health, honoring my body, and adopting better coping mechanisms. The emotional stress I've been experiencing is actually worse than the physical pain. I'd appreciate talking to someone who understands what I'm going through. I have no gender/age/sexual orientation preference. You don't even need to live in my area. I just want someone who understands.

Hello Good People!

Anyone in the DMV (DC, Northern VA, MD) area ??? haven't seen many on here...

38 year old female- Diagnosed two weeks ago, yes its been a roller coaster ride but I absolutely wont let it break me!

Would love to connect with both Male & Female H buddies for a broader perspective & learning (preferably in 30s and above)

Been educating myself a ton, but hoping to learn from others how they processed this; learn about experience with new relationships; and I'm also happy to be there and provide support.

Feel free to message me!

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to have a few herpes buddies I could get close to. I don't mind if you live somewhere else because I have texting and Skype so it's not a big deal. I don't know anyone else in my area who has herpes so I would love to make friends that do have it. Basics about me: I am 21, female, and gay-- if you don't like gay people we might not be a good fit. I love movies, dance, swimming, crystals, essential oils, meditation, gaming, and colouring. I live in Wisconsin and I'm a Human Services major (which is the first step to becoming a social worker). If you wanna be my friend feel free to inbox me and we can exchange numbers :). I hope to see your messages soon!

Would love to just have a friend to talk too and can share something in common with. I have type 2 hsv. I'm from the east coast of canada. I don't know anyone else with herpes. I feel alone. 20, female, lover of motorcycles and horses but my friend doesn't need to share the same passion.

I'm 64 living in the DC metro area. Would like to connect with anyone, male or female. Close to my age range would be nice. I've been in self-imposed exile for 14 years, since my divorce. It would really help me come to terms with this to have a buddy. Doesn't matter where you live. I'm good with email or Skype. I do think these types of conversations are going to be too long and involved for texting. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am new to this site also, I just joined last night. I am in the process of being tested for H, though I'm most certain that I have it and I feel so alone. Having people to talk to, seems like it is going to be very helpful. I am a 33yr old female in the health care profession. I have a long term boyfriend and a daughter who is 8. Taking with another woman around my age would be great. I'm around the PA area. I need advice, support, help coping, you name it. I hope to meet a buddy!

Hi! I'm a 31 year old female living in South Florida / Miami who recently joined the "H Club." Am I crazy to have thought things like this just don't happen to people like me? Comic humor (and humility) right there! Would love an HBuddy in the area. I'm a yoga junkie, love great wine, being outside, and anything with my pup. Looking forward to meeting you too.

• Like 1

I'm 24 female and found out a year ago I have HSV2. I was heart broken, I'm still going through anxiety about "the talk" and sex.. I haven't dated much because of this. I'm seeing an amazing man now but I'm so worried about telling him... I'm looking for support, advice and a buddy to talk to, you can never have to many friends!

Hi everyone! I'm 22, female, and located in NYC. I was diagnosed in May and would just love someone else to chat with about it. I have only told a few people who are close to me, but I feel like I am alone in this. I absolutely know that I'm not, but unfortunately no one talks about it. Please message me if you're in the area, or if you just want to chat!

• Like 1

Hi everyone. :) I am a 24 year old female with HSV 2. I would love someone to chat with that I can really relate to. I try to stay positive and I would like to help anyone with any problems they may be having and just have a little chat about anything H related. Please feel free to message me!

Hi all.

I'm a 30 year old man living in Charleston, SC. I tested positive for HSV 1 and had my first outbreak genitally recently. My girlfriend of 3 months took the news about as well as anyone could and, thankfully, we are still together.

I would like to meet some one, or a small group that is willing to talk about H stuff in person. After about a day from my test results, I'm trying to be positive and strong about it. If there is anyone near me who has their shit together and takes care of themself well, who would like to meet, that would be ideal.

I am very much a "this day forward" kind of person. I don't want genital type 1 to ruin who I am, or make me feel like I'm missing a part of my being.

What's the word on that, anyway? Anyone else determined to keep being themself, with a few new habits and precautions?

Even if you aren't in my area, feel free to hit me up. Let's talk about how to avoid sharing / spreading HSV. Let's talk about mood and emotions. Let's talk about what works to suppress outbreak and what is voodoo medicine. Most importantly, let's talk about relationship, if you're in one.

I'm not here to find a shoulder to cry on. I'm looking for constructive ideas to take action on and dispel myths.

My name is Ashley . Im 30 years old . I'm looking for a male or female buddy in Minnesota or around coon rapids Minnesota area . Just looking for someone to talk to and find support and feedback on dealing with hsv 2 . It has been life altering, I got diagnosed a year and a half ago . I have always had trouble in the relationship department . I am shy and have anxiety about meeting new people . So it's been a struggle and dealing with the judgements and everything that goes with dating, such as how to tell people and when has been realy hard . I am single and interested in men

if anyone is interested message me .

I love bowling , bingo , mini golf , horror movies , Netflix , drinks and hanging out with friends . Laughing , would love to meet someone outgoing and fun and who also loves to laugh. I would love to be able to just be myself and not feel judged .

Thanks

Have a great day

Hi, I am a 23 year old female with HSV2. I would love support and someone to chat with. I have been struggling ever since I found out. No-one around me knows about my diagnosis especially since there is a lot of shame and stigma. I've stayed away from the relationship department ever since.I have been trying to stay positive but still have trouble.

If anyone is interested, feel free to message me!

Hi, I'm a 35 year old male living in New England. Looking for friends make or female who live in the area (or not). Diagnosed two years ago and still struggling to wrap my brain around this new situation.

Happy to talk to anyone and offer support.

• Like 1

Hi :)

I would love a H buddy! I'm a 39 year old female who just moved from Vancouver, Canada to Manchester in England. I'd love to just be able to talk openly about having genital HSV1 and ask some questions and get some advice, but I'd also like to support a friend going through a similar experience. Feel free to message me and let's chat x

HI, I'm a 26 year old male living in Indiana.

Open to making friends male or female who reside in Indiana, or honestly anywhere. I was just diagnosed 4/20/17... LOL . Definitely having a very hard time with this new life. My story is long and pretty messed up. Maybe only from my point of view. I am not perfect. Far from it.

Message me if you are interested in offering support, or if you want to chat about anything. Looking forward to the journey, trying to stay optimistic!

• Like 1