• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

Hi Everyone!

I was diagnosed with HSV 2 in April and I am having a very hard time dealing with this diagnosis.

I was in a relationship for 4 years and it ended. I decided to have a sex life and contracted the hsv virus.

I’ve disclosed to three people and been rejected by all of them.

I’m 22 and from NJ. Looking for a buddy to talk to, etc.

Someone around my age would be most preferable!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I am 23 year old bisexual female 25 minutes away from Philadelphia, PA. I was diagnosed with HSV2 3 months ago. The only people that know are my boyfriend and my doctors. I’m afraid to tell anyone else about it because of the stigma and shame behind it. I would love to meet someone in my area (male or female, preferably someone between 21-28) who is on the same boat as me.

Hi I am new to this website. I found out i have both types 4 days ago and im not sure what im feeling. Im looking for buddies/ someone to talk to for support. I am a single, soon to be 22 year old female and I'm looking for a friend either male or female. I am from southern California but I would like to talk to anyone, anywhere. I have only told one person who is my closest friend. I don't even want to think about having sex now or even touching myself anywhere or even my mouth. I feel like I'm a walking disease kind of. I am accepting it though.

27 years old female New Yorker of Indian descent and a health care professional. Science and healthcare wise the logical side of me understands that Herpes is common and not a big deal. Emotionally as the daughter of a conservative Christian Indian household I feel isolated and distraught. Would love to have friends that know about my diagnosis and can share in the annoyance that is HSV. Would also like to talk about any and everything else like any group of friends would

Hey! I'm a 26 y/o female living in Vancouver, Canada, and was diagnosed with HSV2 almost 2 years ago now. Experiencing the highs and lows that come with this knowledge, but remaining optimistic. i am hoping to start taking the steps to truly accept that this is a part of me now, and learn how to live comfortably with it and learn how to disclose/harbour healthy relationships.. I feel like I've been avoiding this for quite sometime, due to the crippling fear of rejection. But I can't live like that forever. If you want to chat, to know you're not alone, and to help each other through this, let me know :)

Hi all! 40 yr old female in NY. Diagnosed 2 mths ago with HSV1. Still coming to grips with it all. I haven’t told anyone, with the exception of my doctor who told me. I have not been specially active in over a year and my last annual cake back negative for all. This year, with no partners, I am H+. I have no one to talk to. No one who understands. Would love someone to talk to and help me through the ups and downs. Maybe even explain stuff that I’m so confused about.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I would love to find a female buddy from WV or nearby. I am a male from Southern West Virginia so finding someone around here would be great. I just recently found out that I have H2, though apparently have had it for a few years just didn't know it. I'm 32 and feel all alone as I don't know anyone else who has it and that I can openly talk to about it. Of course based on statistics I probably really do.

• Like 1

Feeling very blue this holiday season. I’m a single 52 yo woman with a teenager at home. Just broke up after 4 great years with a guy I truly loved who gave me this virus last February. I’ve not only lost him, but all the “family” that goes with being together. My mom and dad have passed, and I don’t see any of my other family, so this is a hard breakup since I’m missing his kids and family too. I keep thinking I’m okay and then days like today just overwhelm me. I’m surrounded by friends yet I feel so damn lonely and horribly sad. This will pass, but it’s hard to feel up when I hurt so much. I know he wasn’t the one for me, but we had fun, we had chemistry and I was blindsided by his decision to let go. I’m nowhere near ready for dating again (it’s only been a month) but I’m sad and lonely and would enjoy a buddy to chat with to help me get to the other side of this. Life is beautiful and good but days like today make me year.n for someone to share with. It’s hard to keep smiling, but I feel wrong for feeling so sad.

Hi everyone. I am a 29 year old, mom of 2 young children, in the L.A. area. I am new to this as I just got my results back 2 days ago! I have genital hsv type 1. I am looking for people to talk to about this, find support, encouragment, and information! I have only told 2 people about this who I knew weren't going to judge me and who would be there for me. I feel like seeing these posts, is giving me much needed hope for the future! As sad and lonely as I am feeling at times, I know my life must go on for my kids, they need me so I'm doing my best to stay busy and remain optimistic however I possibly can. Anyone wanting to talk, would be appreciated. Thanks.