• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

I recently got diagnosed with HSV 1 & 2 on February 21, 2018. I felt so ashamed and felt like a dirty person. I’m struggling with it and I just seem to can’t get past the fact that I have it. I have been called a lot of nasty names and I thought “bullying” would stop, but as adults that seems to not be the case. I am in the Georgia area and would love to meet people of the same. I don’t want to feel this way. :/

Hi everyone, I'm a 23 yo female and contracted HSV-1 (genital) a few months ago and have confirmed which type it was more recently, while also finding out that I am positive for HPV - all from one night and one guy who turned into a real jerk after I told him the story. I'm in South Carolina and am open to chatting, I'd love to have someone to talk to who has had similar experiences, male or female. Feel free to message me!

• Like 1

Hi, from Sydney (Australia). Got diagnosed with Hsv2 4 months ago. Have had very few partners so I assume someone didn't know they had it. Well, it doesn't really matter. Life has been good generally (despite the challenges everyone faces - H or otherwise). Had a recent breakup - which had nothing to do with H but good old compatibility reasons. Would like to help/be a buddy to anyone/make friends.

Hi everyone! I’m new here and newly diagnosed. Having someone to talk to for mutual support would make a world of difference! I would like to talk to a fellow female 20+ years old that has hsv1 Genital like myself. I’m positive and can usually provide support but I definitely need some as well! I hope all it well and I hope I find a herpes buddy soon (: feel free to send messages, they’re always welcome!

Hello :) I am wondering if there is anybody from Germany here, who can help me to understand where the testing is possible. I am an international student, with a very limited knowledge of German and German healthcare system. I had my first outbreak 6 months ago since then I have visited STD center in Berlin, they said that most likely it was herpes, but told me they do not do tests. Then I went to the doctor, who also said it is most likely herpes and gave me 5-day medication course "just in case." I went to the third doctor, asking for the test, who told me "test is not needed, he can see it with his eyes and I should go back to him when I get an outbreak" - The problem is that I only got minor outbreaks only. For example, if I drink alcohol, I might get a small sore, maybe one, maximum two, or before I get my period. It usually lasts from 1 to 2 days, meaning that it is gone before I get a doctors appointment. :(

I’m an 18 year old female who was diagnosed a few months ago. I’d love if someone my age would reach out to me to talk about this, boy or girl. I’m a pretty positive person so I can help you through stuff, feel free to message me!

Any people or groups in South Jersey or Philadelphia? I’m a 33 yr old male with HSV1. I’ve had it for over 4yrs now genitally and orally. Just looking for people in the same situation to get to know or hang out with to build relationships and support because we know where each other is coming from. I have a good group of friends and family, but it’s still hard for them to relate (the ones that know). It’s funny how we can still feel alone even when surrounded by people....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I'm from Melbourne Australia. I'm 36 and was diagnosed 7mths ago. Although I've been pretty positive the last few months, there are times when the sadness, unfairness and loneliness come out to play and those unwanted feels just hit me in the guts. Having someone to chat to would be great, and I would love to be able to help others get through the tough times as well :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to have a buddy. I live in the New England area. I found out last year that I have HSV2 and recently been diagnosed with HSV-1. It's been quite a shock, especially that the 1 might be oral-would really appreciate talking to someone, have a lot of questions/emotions. Am very supportive :). Don't mind if buddy is male or female.

• 2 weeks later...

I am an almost 25-year-old single mother of an amazing little boy. I just found out that I have HSV2 today. I got the test done a week ago, and I had to wait a whole long week for the results. Even though I knew that I was most likely positive because of my symptoms, I had hope that maybe I was wrong. Anyways, I don't really have anyone to talk to that knows what I'm going through. I had just finally gotten back out there after over 2 years of being single and abstinent because 2 years ago I left an abusive relationship that I was in for 6.5 years. I took time to heal emotionally and mentally. I didn't ever think this kind of thing would happen to me, which I'm sure no one does. I just need to know that I'm not alone and would like to develop friendships with some people that are in the same boat.

I live in Idaho. Anyone from there?

Hi, I found out I had HSV 2 about 6 months ago from a blood test.. since then I’ve been going through a lot of emotional turmoil and I guess you could almost say denial... I think about it every day and I’m shattered every time I think of it... now I think I’m experiencing my first OB. I feel so alone and scared about my future love life.. Everyone in this online community is so inspiring to me and so brave... I want to be like that and I want to feel confident and accept this.. but at the moment I just feel terrible... I would really love to have a buddy to chat to, maybe a female who found out while she was single and in her late 20’s as well... someone who can give me hope that I can still be loved by someone someday... thank you and I appreciate all of you

Hello... 25 yo female here in Florida, diagnosed with hsv2 late feb 2018. My current boyfriend is who I’m pretty sure gave it to me... but He has never had any symptoms or signs at all. We are still together but it’s really hard for me as I have had multiple outbreaks since my diagnosis and he hasn’t had any... so he doesn’t know what I go through. He feels a lot of shame and embarrassment about it and feels really bad that he has caused me pain... and he hates talking about it. I take responsibility and I don’t blame him at all. But it’s hard to not have anyone who can relate and extremely hard that he has it and has no symptoms ever.... Im not ready to tell any of my friends. I’ve heard them talking about ppl who they know have it and making jokes and I’m just not ready to have that discussion wth them... iI just want someone who can relate. Thanks!

I love the idea of having a buddy! I’m a newly diagnosed, 46, single mom and would like someone who has been there, done that with this diagnosis. Someone I could discuss being single and dating with this and finally finding love again. I am a widow so maybe someone who understands this as well. I would like to also help out someone having similar concerns. I’m a good listener and if I can help out in anyway I’m here! Thanks!!

Hi. My name is Nicole. I feel like my life has turned upside down. I was diagnosed with genital herpes and my husband and partner of 20 years. I’ve been under so much stress over the past 2 years and that alone has taken a toll on out relationship. Now this? He has always gotten cold sores. I have never had one. So, he thinks that I’ve cheated on him. I have never slept with anyone else. I am devastated. Help.