• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

Hey anyone here from New Zealand? I would love a buddy to chat with and possibly meetup for a coffee sometime. Also anyone on here that would like or need a buddy I am open to chat as well. I am 29. I have had hsv 2 for about 3 years.

Good Afternoon Everyone

I'm in desperate need of a buddy. I'm newly diagnosed, my days have been up and down. Gender doesn't matter much.. I just need someone with whom I can talk to and not feel ashamed. I want to be able to move on with my life like so many of you have. I live in Delaware not too far from Philadelphia, so anyone willing to my buddy living in these areas please pick me. Consider this my SOS...... I realize this post is old but I have my fingers crossed that someone will read this. Thanks

• Like 2

Herpes on the my lips, in my nose, and all but two of my fingers. Could definitely use some support or someone to talk to.. especially with whitlow experience, since I feel like I'll always be living in fear of spreading to more places with my hands. I am 30 and don't mind talking to male or female. We're all the same and in this together. :)

• Like 1

I’m 31, female and wondering if anyone has a story like mine. Just found out 2 nights ago that my boyfriend of 4 1/2 years has had heroes since 2005 and didn’t tell me. I’m devastated. Still waiting for test results but dr says more than likely do have it. I can’t process. The diagnosis, being lied to, losing the man I wanted to spend my life with.... my world has fallen apart.

Hi All, joining the community as newly diagnosed with hsv-2. Could really use a support buddy, male and female - would love to get advice from both sides. Devastated, angry, depressed and anxious. I am in NY, I would love to talk with people close by or far away, anyone who feels they can help a fellow member in need :(

• Like 1

Hi

I’ve recently (this week) been diagnosed with hsv2. I think I’ve had this for some time but I didn’t realise.

I’d love someone to talk to as I don’t know anyone with this and it’s scary. I’m in a committed marriage (6 years) and my wife has been so understanding (she hasn’t been tested yet).

I’d love to talk to anyone in a similar situation! I live in the uk but email would be great! Gender or age doesn’t matter! I just want someone to open up to and hopefully we can help one another!

Wishing you all the best

Hello, I’m 42, with HSV2, living in the DC area. Would love to give support and have some people to talk to that understands we dont have a lot of people we can discuss this with. I’m also married, but in a complicated marraige, and will most likely separate soon, and faced with having to deal with being single again. I’m OK with that I think. I have been dealing with HSV2 since 2015, have tried several remedies, I’m on Valtrex on and off, and making sure to keep my immune system up. I’ll be happy to talk to you about the best ways to stay happy, and healthy, and we can discover how to deal with some new things about living with H together.

Hey! I just got diagnosed four days ago. I’m a 24 year old mom of a 3 year old girl. I have a lot of questions and concerns and would love a buddy - male or female - to just simply talk to. I’m in SC but could use support from wherever. ☺️

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo i just found out i have herpes...first started with some “pimple” like bumps that i just felt weren’t normal so i went to the clinic right after and sure enough a big bomb was dropped on me. My blood work just came back and confirmed that I’m positive..while having my new boyfriend by my side it was nice he was there for me (and is getting tested soon as well) but i dont think he really understands what I’m going through, even though he’s trying and being super supportive. I just want to talk to someone who has been in my shoes and can help me cope with this. I live in Jersey, but soon going to be moving to Philly. Female is preferred but either works..i am a 27 year old female.

• Like 1

I would like to meet someone to chat with. I am new here and I am recently diagnosed. I don't care if you are a female or a male. I just want someone to listen and I want to do the same for someone else.

Hello everyone, I have herpes an got diagnosed in 2010, which did come as a shock but now living life as best as I can day to day, I'm here to be a hbuddy and all genders accepted we are all human and here to live life as best as we can . I'm a male 46 living in b.c. Canada I'm here to lend my ears,voice, and to help as best as I can.

Sincerely Casey

• Like 1

Hey I’m a 21 year old female from New York. I was diagnosed 2 years ago and I’m looking for Buddies to get to know, chat with, who can relate and also need help and understanding with H. This site had helped a Lot. I had a bf at the time that I was diagnosed and he was very supporting and stayed around as we have been friends for a very long time. It was hard to tell him. He said he still loved me and wanted to be with me. Eventually, he was diagnosed with h too. The truth is, the doctors didn’t educate us enough, or we didn’t worry to much because we had each other or thought he must of already had it as we been sleeping together for over 1 year already. We didn’t know that we could of protected him by maybe me getting on medication even tho I didn’t have out breaks. Eventually we started educating our selves on the matter. He’s been here to listen and talk and help me , but I notice it maybe effects me more than him. For the past year, we have been going through some differences and H has began to hit me as I began to think about future partners. We have had many conversations about it but I want to grow further with this as I will be dealing with it for the rest of my life. With that being said, I have told friends over time, but I’ve come to realize conversations with them do not really help me because they do not understand. Why be alone when there’s so much support out there.. If you would like to chat or get to know each other, message me. - love , L.

• Like 2

I guess I am really confused on my test results. I have been celibate for about 2 years and have never once had a noticeable outbreak. I had unprotected sex on May 4th and 2 days later got a discharge that changed 3 times, 2 sores and flu like symptoms. For about 2 weeks I was so fatigued, irritable, night sweats and even broke out in a rash on my arm (not sure if that even relates to this). I decided to go to the doctor on May 23rd which was 19 days after possible exposure. My results came back positive for IGG with a value of 13 and also positive for IGM with a value of 1.1. I have read that those IGM tests are not the most accurate in because they are not type specific and with the herpes virus they can show up with recurring outbreaks. I also am not sure if 19 days is enough time for IGG antibodies to show up. I am not sure if I was carrying this and just had my first outbreak or if I was recently exposed. Does anyone have any feedback?

I’m a 42 year old female who was recently diagnosed with hsv-1. I feel like my life is over. The guy that gave this to me, left. Now I am alone, single, and have an STD. I don't know that I can survive this diagnosis. I feel like a dark cloud has surrounded me and I don't have the strength for this. I have struggled with self esteem issues and an eating disorder my entire life. Finding out I have HSV, has put me in that dark place I have worked so hard to conquer. I don't think I can get through those demons this time. No one wanted me before and now I won't be able to date. I feel like any guy I meet, I'm a liar. They are expecting one type of girl, but instead they get me...a girl with herpes. Even if I did meet someone, I don't think I could live with myself if they got this too. I know this was negative, but I need to put my thoughts down on paper. I live in Colorado Springs, CO and I am so alone.

• Sad 1

Hello all! 45 year old female in Phoenix, Az. I was diagnosed years ago and still do not feel brave enough to attempt dating. I'd rather be a hermit, but I know that is no way to live this only life. I would love to have a male and/or female friend to talk to who understands.

Hi there, I'm a mumma of 1 and I'm in Australia. Not sure if there are any Aussies on here, but I'm 38 and I haven't had a break out for about 4 years till now and it's ongoing. It won't heal, just 1 annoying lesion that opens up every time I have sex with my hubby and then closes again. I am on daily Valtrex and Lysine & use lube and nothing works. It's been going on a month and a bit and I'm very depressed and too afraid to have sex which is impacting on my relationship. I'm obsessing and researching and failing to find anything that will help me.

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site but was diagnosed with hsv2 about 4 years ago. I like this idea of a (h) buddy and could use someone to talk to. If you want to chat pm me. I can listen, talk or just sit and have a coffee or something. I'm 37 male in the dfw area. Age and gender don't matter to me, it's just nice to talk to someone.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love an H support buddy. Female preferred and have been living with this for a while. Having a tough time coming to terms. Doesn't have to be close but Im open to a local. I'm in the greater Philly, PA area. Feel free to message me.

• Like 1

I would love someone to talk to! I was recently diagnosed with HSV 2 in the beginning of July. I have so many questions and think it would really help to be able to talk to someone who understands what I am going through. The only person who knows is my  boyfriend, and while he is so supportive, he just cannot relate to how I feel because he has never had an outbreak (so he thinks) and has had a negative blood test. His support is great, but I feel I really need someone to talk to who can actually relate and has experienced what I am currently dealing with! Preferably a female so we can talk about woman things! 

Anyone in the Pittsburgh, PA area?!

• Like 2