• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

Hello everyone, I found out about a month ago that I have HVS-2. I’m not doing too  and feel like I’m going to have a breakdown at any point. Could definitely use someone to talk to. I’m a 29 yo male in the Atlanta area. Would prefer a male to talk to, but I’m looking for anyone at this point 

• Like 1

Hey. So im new. And this is somewhat of my first post on here. 

I fould out i have Hsv1 on my vagina. Just 7 months ago. And i personally am not taking it well. Im engaged, so it makes things alot more complicated with my fiance as he hasnt touched me since i recieved my diagnosis. 

Sad to say ive already tried daily pills and the first type hasnt worked. So im losing hope.  Fyi, my current outbreak has lasted over a month now. 

Im hoping i can find someone like me who can help me through this struggle. Its so hard when you feel so alone not knowing anyone with it.  

So if anyone is willing to lend advice, tips or even just listen. Itd be greatly appreciated.  I dont want to go through this depression anymore. 

• Like 1

I would love a female buddy that I can talk to Petra Lu in my age group...I’m 42  right now I’m most afraid that I unknowingly gave it my family from sharing toilet or worse when I wiped my nieces bottom and did not know I had this. Obviously I use toilet paper to wipe her but who knows?? Anything is possible. This is fucking awful 

** REMINDER: HOW TO USE THIS THREAD **

Just a reminder about the H Buddies thread, when you post, please only post about who you are and what you're looking for in a buddy so others can find you. If you see someone you'd like to connect with, please private message them instead of commenting on this thread. It helps to keep this thread easy to browse. Thanks! 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Hi I’m 21 years old found out I had hsv yesterday, I’ve contemplated suicide multiple times. And can’t sleep . I would prefer a female or male to bond and talk to just someone who can talk me through this . I really feel like my life is over . I need some support or I’m going to stress my self to death. 

Hello all, I'm older than most if you (54) but two years ago I contracted herpes from a rebound relationship after ending long and difficult marriage.  Very fit and still attractive even at my age, would like to date while opportunities still exist but it's really been an emotional struggle.  I'm female and live in the Washington DC area.  Would very much like to chat, find/give support to someone in a similar circumstance. 

• Like 1

Hello, all. I am 39, separated and getting a divorce.  Started dating again. Did everything right, asked him to get tested. Then dumb me believed him when he said he was clean instead of asking to see the results. Of course the one thing he has is the one thing that's incurable.  HSV 1 here, and not in my mouth. Have a doc appointment soon but it's pretty obvious that's what this is. So, I'm just trying to deal. I was the world's biggest slut back in the day and never got anything and now I'm in a relationship and tried to be cautious and here I am. Ugh. I'm happy to talk to anyone - those with experience and those who have no idea. I go from being "eh I guess it's not the end of the world." to "OMG this is the worst thing that's ever happened!" Its gonna be a struggle for awhile. Let's figure it all out together. 

• Like 1

Hi everybody! 

One month in this thing... still feels like a nightmare, but I have to be thankful for having a wonderful family who've been really supportive through it all. I haven't told friends yet. I think I am still trying to make peace and experiencing the emotional roller coaster. I'm a female, 31 in DC area. I't be great to have someone to talk to

• Like 3

Hey guys! I'm new to this whole thing but I got diagnosed towards the middle of July and I'm just looking for people to talk to. You don't have to be in my area and I have no preference in gender. It's been kinda hard, getting my diagnosis has kind of been playing into my insecurities and some days are definitely better than others. I'm a female, almost 21 🙂 and hey if you're having a bad day, I can try my absolute best to give you support too

• Like 3

Hey all.
I'm looking for a buddy (or buddies) in the Los Angeles area.  Male or female, preferably someone who has been dealing with HSV2 for a while. I'm 29 and was diagnosed about 2 years ago.  I fairly recently ended a relationship and am very nervous about dating with HSV2. 
Of course, I'm always happy to offer up any support that I can, as well 🙂

Hey beautiful ppl . 25 year old male in Tampa just diagnosed with genital hsv 1 this month . not even that sexually active but all it takes is one time . looking to support as well as be coddled with love and affection like a newborn baby except with hsv 1 . so far my symptoms include sciatica pain , somedays its a 6 out of 10 , somedays its 3 sometimes not there at all and i have only had one lesion .

The emotional pain is almost as bad but im used to life being poop (hope for the best ,excpect the worst attitude ) anyways please dont harm yourself even more . if this were the 1900s we'd be so much lonelier and prob keeled over already ! Anyways , just making my presence known . love and more love to all of us ❤💜💛💙

I could really use some support, advice, the works.

Gender doesnt really matter, Id love to connect with a male and female to get both sides of the spectrum. 

I was in a really dark place for quite a few months because of my HSV2 diagnosis, which worsened an already existing autoimmune disease... .. finally living again and taking steps to love myself again and be a better me. 

so heres an attempt hhaha =]

Im located in NJ, near NYC, 28 years old. 

• Like 2

Hello all.

Just turned 26. F. Northern NJ. diagnosed with GHSV-1 four years ago. I have yet look for support, so i am finally felt like I am emotionally ready to seek support. @RaymondPlacido I current feeling leg pain as well, with no visble outbreak. It is right below my left knee, I have extreme hypersensitivity to clothes or when the sheets on my bed touch it. I was thinking its some type of neuropathy but wanted to see if my H could be causing it which lead me to your post. This pain described is what is called allodynia. I'm not a medical professional, but I am studying to be an occupational therapist and I learned about this term when learning about fibromyalgia. I am waiting to see the doctor just in case this pain will subside on its own, how are you feeling? Has this pain gone away? I'm hoping its the H causing it if so I can see this as a symptom that come and go, if not I would need to find out what is causing it.

Thank you all, I'm thankful for this community.

West FL and upstate NY areas, college student. 

Hello friends!!! I'm super new here, both in the forum and world of having HSV-2.  I got it from a friend who didn't know he had it. I've had extremely severe symptoms this first outbreak and was recently hospitalized for meningitis; the virus got into my spinal and cerebral fluid. Now I'm feeling much better, but I'm still a bit scared. I would love to talk to someone who has had severe symptoms and learn from them/commiserate 🙂  If you don't have those bad symptoms, reach out anyway! I'd love to give/receive support to and from anyone. Though someone with experience could be very helpful...

• Like 1

Hi all! Pretty new to all of this, was recently diagnosed a few weeks ago with genital HSV1. I'm a 22 year old female and would love to have someone around my age (20s) with the same type as me to discuss things with. Not having too much trouble with the physical symptoms, but the emotional effects of this have been a bit tough. Please feel free to message me if you'd like to chat 🙂

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love a buddy - I’m 29, was recently diagnosed with HSV 2 about a month ago (came from my partner) and am still recovering from a really bad first outbreak. To be able to talk to someone who’s in a similar situation or has personal experience of things getting better would be amazing, my preference would be female and I’m in the Seattle area. 💜