• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

Hello I’m a 23 year old female from the uk with HSV-2 , I’ve been diagnosed for about 6 months now and although I do have a lot of good days where I try not to think about it, I’d love to be able to talk to people in the same situation or similar situation 😌  to provide and receive support, advice etc , no gender or age preferences. 

• Like 5

I am a newly (6 mo.) HSV2 52 year old woman in Michigan. I am also about to be divorced, so I am feeling very lonely and scared. I can’t share this situation with anyone and some days the self-loathing is intense. I need a friend with whom I can talk. Can be male or female. 

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey there! 

I’m from Alabama so a buddy here would be nice if not I have a Snapchat that I can share. I already have one buddy but he’s basically got things figured out almost. I can help but also need help sometimes. Male or female it doesn’t matter to me. I’m 22 years old. And I have type one oral and genital herpes. I hope to hear from you soon!

🤗🤗🤗

• Thanks 1

Hello! Not sure I’m doing this right but hi I’m new to all of this and wondering if anyone on here lives in the New England area? I’m looking for people to talk to who understand what’s going on. 

Get in touch if you’re in Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts or anywhere around the area. 

Thanks! 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I am 29, female and live in LA. Was just diagnosed last week and still coming to terms with getting it from an ex partner. Would love a buddy to chat with. I’m very active, focused on my career while maintaining a social life. I would love to talk to those trying to navigate dating because that’s what I have the most questions about. Thank you. 

Hello!

23 year old female from Midwest America- traveling Australia at the moment for a few years. Just got diagnosed last week. Handling it well- just trying to decipher who to trust with my secret (including whether to tell my mother). I was devastated by the news at first. Love to have someone to talk to as mentor. Really looking for someone who has not let this hinder them as a role model to help me navigate the next few months. Willing to be the support for someone to talk to as well! Been educating myself day in and out on the subject. 

Thanks for this forum  🙏 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I was diagnosed with herpes last month. My son's father whom I left over a year ago gave it to me while we were together. I'm in shock. I'm devastated. I'm angry!  I feel like life is over. Does this mean my dating life is over? Will I be single forever. I dont know where to start. Where to get help. There seems to be no support groups near me. If anyone is in the Inland Empire in CA please reach out. I need a friend. 

Lucy

• mr_hopp changed the title to H Buddies, unite!
  • mr_hopp pinned this topic

Hi there...I was diagnosed with ghsv 2 in February...when I say it has COMSUMED my every thought...I literally mean it. I’ve been divorced for three years now because my husband was unfaithful. I believe I acquired this from a man I have been casually physically seeing for two years (whom I’m not seeing anymore). I have a 4 year old son. I have ALWAYS had anxiety and have been a hypochondriac...this diagnosis is not mixing well with those two attributes of mine. I’m so scared of what this virus is going to do to my body...I’m paranoid of everything twinge or mark I have on me. I typically do very physically demanding and advanced workouts, and I’m afraid to or have lost my drive to partake in those. I do not feel present or myself. I have not told a single person about this and I’m not sure I want to. I’m reading about people worrying if they’ll ever find love again, and I’m worried why I’m not even thinking about that...I just want to feel myself right now. I’d love a buddy ❤️

• Like 1
  • mr_hopp unpinned and pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

42 male in SF Bay area and sometimes North Carolina for work. I like to think I am and could be very supportive but still coming to terms with the diagnosis which started with the symptoms of HSV sometime in 2018. I could have had it for a while or maybe the Mrs...but at this point all that matters is dealing with it, and more importantly living out best lives despite it. Male or female buddy would be cool, as its totally difficult to discuss with anyone other than a super close friend, if that. In the Tech industry if thats matters as a common interest, but who isn't in Silicon Valley I guess!

Female, 26, Alabama. 

I’m currently having my first outbreak and I’m scared, anxious, depressed, hurt, and in so much physical pain. Most of all, I’m confused. I have been celibate for 2.5 YEARS since ending a really toxic relationship and am having this occur now. Please, can anyone help me... I need the support. I need reassurance and guidance. Please. 

Tori

I’m a 29 year old male, professional musician in the SF Bay Area if anyone wants to get together and jam hit me up or just chill and talk. Preferably looking for a female around my age, but anyone would be nice. Take care.

Hey

Anybody from the UK? I’m 27 and female. Happy to chat to anyone who wants to have a buddy.

i was diagnosed 2 months ago and it’s been a struggle to say the least . HOWEVER this site has made things so much better already!

please feel free to message me ☺️

• Like 2

Hi there -

At my ripe young age of 61, I broke out with this lovely virus around 5 weeks ago -- yup, still feeling the remnants that will hopefully go away SOON -- terrible pain in my butt by my sciatica, bad aching down my leg, and calf and foot almost numb. We all know the other lovely symptoms 'down there' that start off with a bang. It must have stayed dormant in my system for YEARS...

Anyway, I think this site is still reviewing me joining this site, so I don't know when this well post.

I could really use a friend/mentor woman who is a older (40+?) and has dealt with this for awhile. It does make you feel so alone, but I was so encouraged to see sites like this that are FREE since I am on a very tight budget to boot.

I am on the megadose of the anti-viral meds, just ordered some lysine for what that is worth, no sugar, but not ready to give up coffee. I really think that stress is the #1 trigger, but just my opinion 🙂

Thank you so much, and many thanks for starting this site.

With the utmost compassion,

Scout

Heyy all I am 29 female from NYC area( doesnt matter where you are from). I am recently diagnosed. I would love to have a buddy to talk to for mutual support and navigating the dating scene and life.  I am open to male or female.  Lets help each other get through the daily struggles.  Pm me!

• Like 1