• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

I am 42 female from CA... Recently diagnosed with HSV1 after having HSV2 for 10+years and am continually beating myself up over the diagnosis, dating and the blame. I would like someone to talk to that can relate - male or female. A lot of loneliness, isolation and working myself to death because that’s what I deserve - 

• Like 2

I’m a 38 year old black women looking for friends/dating  in the Milwaukee/ Chicago area. Honestly it don’t matter where you live I’m trying to leave the mid west any way lol. I’m a single mother and a nurse looking for love, support and new friends. I was diagnosed 2 years ago and I’ve been single every since. I’m a pretty good catch where I live I’m just afraid to disclose the truth. DM if you want to chat.

• Like 1

Hello!

I am a 30 year old female in South Florida and I am looking for a male or female as a support buddy. I was diagnosed in January with HSV2 and have been struggling to accept that I have this. Would be nice to converse with someone who can relate to how I am feeling and support each other through this. 

You don’t have to be perfect to be amazing

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I am a 26 yr old male living in NYC diagnosed with Genital HSV (1 or 2, im not really sure) 2 months ago and i feel like i don't ever deserve love or affection ever again. I honestly feel like the medical community has brushed this virus off as just a norm when it's destroying all of our lives.

I need someone to talk to or meet up it doesn't matter. I just need a better perspective because i don't know if i can continue living like this..

• 3 weeks later...

hello everyone ☺️

Im a 21yr old female who contracted the virus a month ago. I’m looking to give the same comfort & support that I’m seeking. I have an amazing support group, I am blessed.. but I want to at least have one person in my corner who can understand the random days that it gets me down mental & emotionally. would love to chat with some people who are around my age or older, but honestly willing to chat w anyone. not gender specific, I just need the understanding and insight. brand new to the site but I’m sure if you message me privately I’ll figure out how to get to it lol. wishing love, mental positivity, & inner happiness to all ❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2012 at 12:29 PM, Kaande05 said:

This is exactly what I needed to find today! I've had hsv for almost 4 years and just ended things with my boyfriend/ father of my child of over 3.5 years. I thought finding love would be impossible and then I found him and then I forgot about coping with the herpes because I found someone who did not care. But now I'm single and the stress and depression from it is really coming on hard and need someone to talk to. I'm from Mn and would like a male and female buddy.

This is my first forum I’m still trying to navigate it. It’s also my first experience with hsv, trying to navigate that as well. I’m sorry you got rejected. I know nothing of what life is going to be like from here on out and I’d greatly appreciate any time for conversation you would share with me.

• 1 month later...

36 year old female from Los Angeles. I've been in denial but I finally went to the doctor. I was told on Monday that I have the virus. Funny thing, they couldn't tell me which virus so I will be talking to my doctor soon. Worst of all, I haven't been sexually active in years! Symptoms just started showing beginning of this year. Would love to talk to someone in the Los Angeles area. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Sign me up 😊 

I would love to have a H-Buddy, as I am new to this site. 
I’m 9yrs+ In, so I would definitely like to offer my advice & also receive support. That’s what it’s all about. 

No specific Preference ( Male or female )

I’m from the NY area 🤗  

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I’m a 22year old female in California and looking to talk to someone who has found peace with their situation. I’m Asian American and I feel like it’s so taboo for someone of my race to have it so I’ve been feeling pretty depressed and ashamed. I’d love a mentor or guidance!! It’s hard for me to talk about this stuff to people who don’t understand. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 12:17 PM, elysium17 said:

Hi

I am a 26 yr old male living in NYC diagnosed with Genital HSV (1 or 2, im not really sure) 2 months ago and i feel like i don't ever deserve love or affection ever again. I honestly feel like the medical community has brushed this virus off as just a norm when it's destroying all of our lives.

I need someone to talk to or meet up it doesn't matter. I just need a better perspective because i don't know if i can continue living like this..

I just want to say. This is so relatable.

I was diagnosed with genital HSV three weeks ago. I don’t know if it’s 1 or 2... to me... it doesn’t matter because it’s there and it happened. I don’t know when or from who. As someone who has never thought life was “bad” enough to want to die.  When I got the news... I really did. 

Some days are better than others and it would be really nice to have someone to talk to. Someone. Anyone. I’m 34, female. I’ve been divorced twice and now I’m really thinking this is a further sign from the universe that a relationship or love is something I will ever understand or truly experience.

Anyways, I am rambling.

I currently live in Japan, but my job keeps me traveling so I would need support that doesn’t mind texting, FaceTime, or email.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! 
I have to say reading all these messages and made me feel not so alone. I was in a 2.5 year relationship. I just ended it. I tried to be in denial or try to cover things up and not pay attention to my pain. I realize that has done more damage to me than reaching out and saying yes I have herpes. I have hsv 1 and 2. I’d really appreciate a Hbuddy. At the moment, I would appreciate a female buddy. 

Thank you all for your kind words. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...