• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Does this sound like Herpes?

Hey, hope everyones doing well! Long story short, I had sex with a girl (condom broke) about 4 weeks ago. 1 week later, I had physical symptoms including itching and some pimples down there. I got tested about 8 days after sex (2 days after itching started), which included both a swab of a sore and IGG test. The test came back >0.9 and the culture of the sore came back negative. I didn't have ANY of the physical symptoms, but that was because I slept 3 hours the night before. I still have some sores down there but it doesn't really itch. The lack of physical symptoms has made me think the test might be right, but deep down I feel like I have herpes. I've been reading this site nonstop for the past 2 weeks and any insight would be really appreciated. Thank you!

What's your exact igg value? Swab tests are more accurate. Have you got tested for herpes earlier or it was your first test? If your swab is showing negative but igg positive it means these pimples are not herpes but you already got infected in past and already have the virus in your body. Igg value takes time to show in your blood work, 12 yo 16 weeks generally. You should do a type specific igg blood test to know which type it is. Being said that igg can also give false positive. If it's between 0.9 and 1.1 then it's equivocal. Though >1.1 shows positive if its between 1.1 to 3.5 then retesting should be done by another test method as western blot. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the response Hope! This was my first ever test for herpes. It didn’t give me an exact igg value, just said it was less than 0.9 and the swab showed up negative too. I still have signs that it is present in the region but no physical symptoms have taken place outside of itching and pimples. I really don’t want to spread this to anyone if I do have it. Brought home a girl last night and pretended to be too drunk to do anything. Is the swab enough to be conclusive or do you think I should retest it now? Thanks again!

Sorry I thought your igg was greater than 0.9. Since swab is negative and igg is also less than 0.9, I will say you are good. But then your doctor will be the best to suggest. If his visual diagnosis is also saying no then I won't be worrying much. Itching can be due to many reasons. 

Thanks Hope! My bad I did originally write >0.9. It’s still itchy and I still have some pimples there. It’s been about 3 weeks which is why I think I have it. But does the lack of other physical symptoms (muscle ache, fever, tiredness, feels normal when I pee, etc) mean anything? Thanks again

Well this virus is weird, everyone has different symptoms and experiences. So I will not be trying to figure out if I have it or not based on the symptoms. Instead I will go and get myself tested for a complete 10 std panel test if not already done. If everything is good I will move on.