• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

CAN A MALE TRANSMIT GHSV 1 TO A FEMALE by just sticking the tip in ????

So i recently met someone and things got too heated and i didnt disclose until after the foreplay. Ive felt great since Janurary this year (had H since last year feb) Ive had slight prodrome (slight ingling nerve pain) recently and thought i was getting an OB but what looked like a pimple forming went away... 

I told her last night and shes been a mess , already talking as if she has it 😔😔 any info is appreciated. 

@mr_hopp @Ishmael

Well since hsv is passed by skin to skin contact so by theory yes it can be. But then depends on lots of other factors like are you under suppressive therapy, were you having any prodrome symptoms. What I understood is its a draw of luck. 

• Thanks 1

Well if she is not getting any ob then only way to find out is through blood work. Igg antibodies take time to show in blood report generally 4 to 6 months. But again it varies from individuals to individuals. Some has reported positive even after an year. There is another blood work not very recommended though, hsv igm. It will show positive if tested with 7 to 10 days after exposure and remains positive for a month or so. But then it has it's downside, like it can give false positive if the body contains any other viruses from the herpes family like chicken pox or mono. 

Since you have hsv1 and hsv1 is so common in US she may already have it and not known about it aka silent carrier. Probably she can do an igg blood work now to know her prior/current status. But doctors will be the best to suggest if she should get tested or not. 

Since you were under medication its very unlikely you will pass it. But then at the end its draw of luck.