• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Symptoms after initial breakout

So I am just over two weeks from noticing, diagnosing and medicating my initial breakout. Blister at end of penis are gone and just a hint that they existed (visually) remains. Possibly the shedding stage? Anyway, I have been taking Acyclovir for my medication. I still am feeling a tingling, almost chaffing sensation in my upper thighs and heightened sensitivity at the end of my penis and scrotum. I am wondering if this is normal at this stage and if anyone else has any comments or suggestions. It seems as though this is what I would expect to experience to forewarn of another possible breakout? Any input or comments would be greatly appreciated!

I think that not many answer,  as all of our experiences have some similarities but they can also be very different from each others and so nobody really wants to commit to what is “ normal”. 

I remember that that tingling, raw and hypersensitive feeling continued for many weeks after my first outbreak had healed and so, I think that it is entirely normal compared with my own experience. Bearing in mind, I was overly aware of any and every sensation in my genital area for a long time after diagnosis but I definitely had the prodrome sensation that you describe for a longer time back then until things settled down as it were. 

Now, I get it for a couple of days before and during an ob. It’s much more defined and short lived. 

Hope that helped somewhat. 

45 minutes ago, greydaysandbrighternights said:

I think that not many answer,  as all of our experiences have some similarities but they can also be very different from each others and so nobody really wants to commit to what is “ normal”. 

I remember that that tingling, raw and hypersensitive feeling continued for many weeks after my first outbreak had healed and so, I think that it is entirely normal compared with my own experience. Bearing in mind, I was overly aware of any and every sensation in my genital area for a long time after diagnosis but I definitely had the prodrome sensation that you describe for a longer time back then until things settled down as it were. 

Now, I get it for a couple of days before and during an ob. It’s much more defined and short lived. 

Hope that helped somewhat. 

I think that's exactly what I'm experiencing, so thank you for sharing!

• Like 1