I was diagnosed with HSV two months ago and have had constant outbreaks since then (only had one week free, so that's a positive!). Was wondering if there are any dancers on here and how they deal with outbreaks? I recently went a week without an outbreak, but had prodome symptoms. Then last Monday I had two dance classes back to back (and of course I'm wearing tight clothing), so after the dance classes, I had another outbreak and it's still going on because I have had more dance classes throughout the week. Just wondering if any other dancers have advice on how to prevent outbreaks?? I eat healthy, and take lysine, acyclovir 400mg x2, and other vitamins everyday. So, I'm assuming that my outbreaks are due to friction, which kind of sucks because the program that I am taking requires me to dance 4 days a week and I have to wear tight clothes. Oh the joys of herpes, am I right? hahah 

Hi there. I was on acyclovir 400mg 2x a day for almost 8yrs when it suddenly stopped working. I switched to 1g of valacyclovir in January and have had much better results. Sometimes one medication works better than the other for some people. 

On 4/22/2019 at 7:00 PM, ash128083 said:

Hi there. I was on acyclovir 400mg 2x a day for almost 8yrs when it suddenly stopped working. I switched to 1g of valacyclovir in January and have had much better results. Sometimes one medication works better than the other for some people. 

Thanks for replying.. I'm still using acyclovir and have found it's not working very well.. May go to the doctor and ask to switch to valacyclovir!