• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Vaginal pH balance = less symptoms?

So I have very slight but constant prodome symptoms. One itch from the inside, like from under the skin, every once in a while and that’s it.  But it really bothers me. Everything feels off down there. Interestingly —sorry, TMI— when it’s wet or I’m bathing in water I don’t experience this. I was wondering if I could ward off the symptoms by rehidrating my skin when the virus dries it, and maintaining a healthy pH balance. I’m thinking of buying one of those intimate moisturizers that women are prescribed after yeast infections and during menopause. 

Luvena!! I actually just used luvena cause I was having an itch down there. It has helped! I do still have a slight itch, but it is not unbearable. Going to the doctor to see if there are any other problems such as yeast or BV so we shall see if its prodome symptoms or not. DO NOT buy Replens, that is what I believe weakened my vagina and made me vulnerable to catching the herpes. Long story. The reason why luvena works is cause it contains probiotics inside the formula and does not contian all the bad things that could irritate the vagina. Plus when I used the Replens, I was having clumpy white discharge that was not wet at all, very weird to explain, but I read that those were dead skin cells being pushed out. 

You are not alone with the itch, been trying to figure that out as well. Hope this helps.

I can really relate to this. I also get constant symptoms like this, and think a lot of it has to do with pH balance! For me it’s really not so much bothersome as just plain annoying. Like I wish I could just tell my vagina to cut it out because I’m busy. Thank you so much @Emd44 for the suggestion I’m definitely going to try  luvena. For me personally after getting hsv ~5ish years ago I just realized that I’m more sensitive to a lot of things that bring on the prodrome symptoms. I have to use a specific detergent, fabric softener has to be the same brand as detergent (I use gain everything) even dryer sheets, soap even if I’m not getting it around down there can’t be anything but mild/natural stuff. I still haven’t found a brand of pantyliner/tampon that doesn’t cause me to feel like I’m about to get the worst outbreak of my life. But it never comes. Just the symptoms. Weird stuff. Anyway, my suggestion is def to pay attention to your soaps/fabrics/personal sensitivities. Hope this helps a bit!!

• 1 year later...