tay1989

where do I go from here

hello everyone. i’m 21 years old and last month my doctor told me I had Hsv 1 orally and my igg number was 19. i tested negatively for hsv2. when she told me she basically made it seem like no big deal and didn’t prescribe me medicine or anything just said to not have oral sex when i have a cold sore. I was still trying to process the fact that I had it. I always use condoms and only had oral sex with one guy at the time and he told me he doesn’t have anything (which could obviously be false). I feel like I can’t move on with my life. I have so many questions and my anxiety is driving me crazy. I don’t think i’ll ever be able to tell anyone I have this disease. I feel completely alone and confused on how I got it. I got my first outbreak a few days ago in the corner of my mouth, it isn’t painful and i didn’t even realize until i was doing my makeup and literally pulled my lip and saw it. 

Im not sure how long i’ve had it and I am afraid of giving it to someone that i’ve smoked with or guys i’ve kissed. Will I even be able to have children and kiss them? What is the statistics behind hsv1 transmission? I don’t want to take prescription for this, does anyone have any natural remedies? 

Hi Tay

Sorry you have contracted HSV.

but you have a virus that 80% of people have by the time they are 50,
& it really isn't that big deal!

Now I know you are only 21 but in truth if you are going to get HSV, having it orally & it being HSV-1 is probably the best option.

Common sense needs to be used when you have a cold sore although you shed at other times which is possible to pass on.

& Yes of course you can have children & kiss them.

In fact I would take a bet that everybody on the planet has kissed a person with HSV-1 once or more in their lives
be it a past lover, current lover, aunt, uncle , any relation or even a friend.

• Thanks 1

For home remedies I take L-lysine daily and lavendar essential oil on the sore. 

Hope this help!

• Thanks 1