• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I told him I have herpes. His response was the most ignorant thing anyone has said to me in a while.

I was texting this guy who was interested in me. I am a senior in college and he lives 16 hours from where my school is (30 mins from my hometown). I had "the talk" with him and I told him what was up with the Hsv2 and all and he was like well I'll definitely still fuck you over Christmas break. I was like well I want someone to love me, not fuck me. Obviously I've had sex before. He said the whole herpes thing kind of put him off of the idea of ever having feelings for me. Like are you kidding me??? You would have sex with me even tho I have herpes, but you wouldn't even toy around with the idea of liking me? People are so ass backwards.

Well, only certain people are ass backwards. He showed his ass. Luckily you didn't have to sleep with him and start developing feelings for him before actually discovering his true colors. Notice the tendency to take this personally as if there is something wrong with you. The problem lies more in his court as far as I can tell. His judgments. His shallowness. His focus toward fucking versus actually caring about who he's fucking. You did everything right and noble. I'm proud of you for disclosing ... and count this one as a dodged bullet. There are so many fish in the sea who will see your disclosure and YOU as valuable. Don't give up on you being loved. He won't love you because he's not the one who's meant to love you, not because you're unlovable. :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Ugh. Ughughugh!! What a stupid fool.

I'm sorry that happened to you.

You seem intelligent and I think you dodged a bullet here, sweet thing :)

You totally deserve someone to love you! Keep your chin up and keep your confidence and self-love. It's great to see that you are strong and not willing to "just fuck someone" to please them.

Yes kuro is right you better off...what a dickhead.......well its good you disclosed and you know what kind of person he is..stay away off this bastard.how he can say he would fuck you with H but dont have feelings ...this make no since....you will find somebody smarter and better...i think this is not that difficult...what an idiot.Sorry ( but its true )

That's harsh and I am sorry it happened that way. He's a shallow player, and doesn't deserve your thoughts and feelings. I can't help but wonder if much or all of your conversations were texts? Because (speaking from experience) it's easy to get a false sense of security/intimacy with a guy, and think that he is caring when in reality he's just a douchebag who is typing messages to multiple girls. Especially in a long distance situation.

There's someone better out there (possibly right under your nose at your school!)