• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Are your outbreaks always the same?

Hi - 

I was wondering if your outbreaks always look the same as your first one? Also is the severity of the outbreak the same or did it get worse (pain etc)?

My outbreaks seem to be atypical: no fluid filled sores, no itchiness, no pain. They are just red small marks on my penis head and sometimes the shaft that are not really raised. Will all my future outbreaks look like this or will I eventually get the typical herpes sores you see on google that are painful etc.?

They never have cultured the red marks because there was never any fluid. I’m having the blood test in the next couple of weeks after it’s been 5 months post exposure. 

So far I’ve had two and they were in the EXACT same location...both were the same size/look (TINY)...looked like a cut really, not a blister...but the second one didn’t hurt as much and I didn’t have a swollen lymph node with it either.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 4:25 AM, Fmals said:

So far I’ve had two and they were in the EXACT same location...both were the same size/look (TINY)...looked like a cut really, not a blister...but the second one didn’t hurt as much and I didn’t have a swollen lymph node with it either.

Hello,

I have a very tiny or two "bumps" or blisters I don't know how to call them (english not my first lang), but they don't hurt or scab. Does your cuts scab or hurt/itch much? I can't even understand when am shedding more since my symptoms are not very noticeable...

thanks

• 9 months later...

Mine are always different. First OB was mild. One sore with flu like symptoms and swollen node that just faded away within a week. No scabs. Second was terrible. No feeling of illness but mass of sores that scabbed in a different area and took weeks and weeks to heal. I’ve had several since then and all have been relatively small outbreaks and all in the genital area but a different location. Sometimes the inner labia is affected, sometimes the outer labia and it changes sides at will. This OB after my first 18mnths ago, is quite severe and probably the most painful yet with a general feeling of illness and a swollen node again. But in fairness, Ive never been so stressed as I am now. I don’t think my OB’s are ever gonna follow the norm by the looks of it. 

• 2 weeks later...

My outbreaks are always in different locations.  I never have fever or any other symptoms, just the pain and the blisters.  They have not become any milder in the 35 years that I've had them.  In fact, the last two outbreaks were very different from any I've had before.  2 months ago, I had 3 sores, one right after the other, where the first didn't fully heal before the second one erupted.  This month, I have 4 sores all at the same time!  What the hell is going on???

On 3/1/2020 at 10:08 PM, tahtib said:

My outbreaks are always in different locations.  I never have fever or any other symptoms, just the pain and the blisters.  They have not become any milder in the 35 years that I've had them.  In fact, the last two outbreaks were very different from any I've had before.  2 months ago, I had 3 sores, one right after the other, where the first didn't fully heal before the second one erupted.  This month, I have 4 sores all at the same time!  What the hell is going on???

I wish I had the answer but I don’t. The same thing is happening to me. I’m on my 3rd OB in a month and It’s very frustrating not to mention painful. I honestly don’t think that there’s a straightforward answer. I’m starting to believe that It’s all down to genetics as to how we handle a virus that has a mind if it’s own!