• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Has anyone done a biopsy as a last resort to either seek evidence of active or past infection( scaring tissue, granulomas, exc ) ?

After negative IgG's, Swabs, and a Western Blot, I want to move on so badly. I feel like my only 2 options are to accept the repetitive Negative results, or do a biopsy as a final peace of mind.

This issue is still something i think about everyday, i have no love life, im losing friends, and just not enjoying life anymore...  😞 

On 5/3/2019 at 6:32 PM, My_dog_is_hungry said:

I think you need to accept the negative results and try and move on. Maybe talk to a professional about your feelings so they can help you process them healthily. Xx

you're a sweet soul, thank you.

i hope you and many others are right,  i just dont know what is wrong me, if anything... Never had the "Classic symptoms" or blisters, however i feel like somethings not right,  I feel like i'm not that same person anymore. I look in the mirror & dont even recognize my own face 😞 

Thanks again for your kind words. 

• Like 1

I think a genital herpes diagnosis or suspected diagnosis is traumatic for a lot of people. So many of us react with self loathing, guilt, shame, etc. I did before I came to terms with it. 

I have a generalized anxiety disorder with OCD tendencies. I fixated on herpes symptoms for a while before I came to terms with it, but overall I fixate on other things and I have a tendency to catastrophize. I am in therapy and this is something I have been working on for a long time. 

I'm not saying that you have the same problems I have. But one of my biggest struggles is to be able to accept that things are "okay." My brain fixates on worst case scenarios and it's like it can't properly process good news. I think you are struggling in this way, to accept the good news - the news many of us wish we got - that you do not have herpes. Yay 🙂

You already know that the Western Blot is scientifically the best test you could get to diagnose you. But I don't think this is about the test/accepting the results.

You say you feel like you are not the same person anymore. This is so sad and I hope you do not feel like this for much longer. But please, please understand that even if you got herpes, herpes does *not* change who you are.  

What is the underlying meaning here? Worst case scenario: What if you got a positive result on the Western Blot? Or what if you get a blister and you have it swabbed and it's positive for HSV-2? What would that mean for you? How would your life change/be different? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sadguy2019 said:

you're a sweet soul, thank you.

i hope you and many others are right,  i just dont know what is wrong me, if anything... Never had the "Classic symptoms" or blisters, however i feel like somethings not right,  I feel like i'm not that same person anymore. I look in the mirror & dont even recognize my own face 😞 

Thanks again for your kind words. 

Hey hun, the reality is not nearly as bad as the fear. When I was 18 I was sure I had caught herpes, went to like 4 drs to get tested and was negative every time. Fast forward 5 years and I end up catching it lol. You know what, I felt bad that I wasted so much time being paranoid about it before. It's so common, and a pain in the arse (literally) but I chose to just live my life. Believe me, I'm not miss positivity and I take medication for anxiety. I'm just not going to let herpes worry me anymore.

• Like 1