• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Much more success with disclosing than the opposite

I just need to share this, for whoever needs to hear it at the moment! I´ve had many more experiences with disclosing and having my partner still choosing the be with me, than the opposite. The only two times I´ve been rejected was when meeting someone from a more sexually oriented forum, as opposed to "normal" dating. My key is to be very relaxed and casual about it, yet being straightforward. Herpes is a teacher to me. About patience, discernment, maturity, honesty, self-love, and it helps me see all the places where is still fear rejection, feel undesirable, etc. This emotions don´t really come from herpes to begin with, i can trace them back to when I was a little girl. I absolutely have moments of feeling terrified, shameful, etc. But it is with honesty and gratitude that I see how much this is serving me, in making better choices for my self. More conscious choices in choosing right partners, taking care of my health, and so on. I only had painful outbreaks the first year (6years ago), after that it´s been close to nothing. A little red, itchy, soar spot every now and then when I´m very stressed, or when my immune-system is low. Then I get the hint to take care of myself, get some rest and nutrition. I´m very much aware of what I put into my body, and use yoga, meditation and exercise as a way of staying aligned and healthy. And of course self-development, to have my mind in the right place. This helps prevent breakouts. Also; oregano-oil! ❤️ I´m a sexy fucking fierce woman, who happens to have a tiny little virus from a few years back. It´s OK. People are being rejected for all kinds of issues. Rejection is part of life for most people, with our without HSV. I don´t want to minimize the feelings, pain and stigma around herpes, I know it can be a brutal bitch. Still tought, there is many ways to see it, it all comes down to me belief-system, and it´s my choice to be empowered or a victim. 

• Like 2