• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I was diagnosed with hsv 1&2 about three weeks ago. I never had a outbreak or any symptoms. I decided to get a full screening for everything. I tested positive for it. Now I wasn’t sexually active for over 6 months so basically there is no clue how long I’ve had this with no symptoms. The day after I found out I had my period and I had slight irritation thinking maybe it was just that time of the month. Got it swabbed and it tested positive for hsv2 so I was having a outbreak. No pain nothing. I was given Valtrex. Now reading the forum I decided to Conroe suppressive medication to remain outbreak free. Now since I’ve been taking Valtrex well (Valacyclovir) everyday I notice lots of irritation and now one little pimple size bump continue to pop up at the crack of the butt-!”no pain) itching (vaginal- no bumps or anything), and leg pain( never had any of these symptoms before the medication)Could this just be my body getting use to the medication?

sorry for the TMI

i know you labeled this women, and i'm not a woman. 😕  but i thought i'de share something, that leg pain happens.  Some people even claim having that for quite extended period of time like 8 mos before it goes away.  Since HSV lives in the nerves that's what causes that.  Now regarding itching in those areas, that sounds more of a prodrome, usually people suppress it by taking L-Lysine supplements or a suppressive 500mg valacyclovir.  And if you are sure you're going to have an outbreak then do the prescribed high dosage of Valtrex (valacyclovir) [example for me: 2x2000mg, morning then 2x2000mg 12 hours later] ( !!! CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR FOR THE DOSAGE, those are just the dosage given to me !!!).

It is possible that you actually have that for a long time now, its just surfacing right now for some reason your immune system got weakened.  can be caused by a lot of factors why immune system got weakened such as getting sick, or dental procedure, or stress, or other stuff

6 hours ago, Marc C said:

i know you labeled this women, and i'm not a woman. 😕  but i thought i'de share something, that leg pain happens.  Some people even claim having that for quite extended period of time like 8 mos before it goes away.  Since HSV lives in the nerves that's what causes that.  Now regarding itching in those areas, that sounds more of a prodrome, usually people suppress it by taking L-Lysine supplements or a suppressive 500mg valacyclovir.  And if you are sure you're going to have an outbreak then do the prescribed high dosage of Valtrex (valacyclovir) [example for me: 2x2000mg, morning then 2x2000mg 12 hours later] ( !!! CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR FOR THE DOSAGE, those are just the dosage given to me !!!).

It is possible that you actually have that for a long time now, its just surfacing right now for some reason your immune system got weakened.  can be caused by a lot of factors why immune system got weakened such as getting sick, or dental procedure, or stress, or other stuff

Thank you. Yes I’m starting to think I have had it for a long period of time and now it’s startjng to show up. Surgery I had a year ago it’s still causing my body to be out of wack. Stress now definitely . Dental work yup the week before this started. So I have experienced literally everything that can cause this to trigger. I haven’t had any sexual relations in About 6 months so I’m pretty sure I’ve had this at least since then we talked and I decided to do suppressive treatment and that’s 1000mg a day also. I noticed the irritation has been sudsiding( 3 weeks total since I’ve been in it and since I’ve been diagnosed). 

The doctor tor gave me Valacyclovir 1000mg for the irritation. N then