• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Afraid and lonely

I’m so afraid of being lonely the rest of my life. I’m scared I’m going to die alone. I hate myself so much for letting this happen to me I know better. I’ve been  praying and praying that things get better for me. It’s been 2 years and I still feel the pain like it was yesterday. I have good days and bad days I’m definitely having a bad one now.  I know if I had someone in my life that would accept me I wouldn’t feel as bad. This is a hurting feeling and I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. I know some feel like you don’t need a person to make you complete but it’s more to it. I have no sex life, no date life no nothing just work and take care the kids. I’m happy that I’m in a position that I can take care of my kids provide a nice home and nice things for us. I just want someone in my life to make feel good again. I swear 99% of the women at my job have someone in there life. I’m the 1% that don’t. 😢😢😢 I just want to be happy and love myself again 😔😔

You will not be alone for the rest of your life. However, it is also a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you convince yourself that you are going to be alone, you will prevent yourself from putting yourself out there and being open to a relationship.

When I was first diagnosed, I was afraid that no one would accept me. And then I had to basically slap myself and remind myself that I was the same person that I was before and that I was worthy of love. And I put myself out there. 13 days after I did that, I met an amazing man who accepted me without any reservations. We are still together and he is still amazing.

A lot of what happens in our lives is dictated by our attitudes toward what we feel should happen/what we deserve. Once you change your mindset, I think you're going to see that there are good men out there who will want to be with you, and your HSV status will be nothing to them.