• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Feels like a new herpes infection/reaction every time I'm intimate with my new boyfriend

I've had HSV 2 for the past 8 years. Recently w a new boyfriend and he gave me HSV1 in June of this year. My symptoms w this one was bad, really bad (fever, chills, upset stomach, burning down there, PID), unlike HSV 2. Never even knew I had it- no symptoms, no outbreaks (only found out when I got pregnant). I've had outbreaks since June with HSV1, a constant yeast infection..even blisters on my breasts after he kiss them!! I have now become terrified of seeing this guy again. The other night we kissed (a dry gentle kiss) and about w in 48 hours I had blister on my left breasts and both were chafed and painful! What is going on? Also have to say I do have Endometriosis and seems like it gets worse too w every herpes outbreak. So my question is...is it possible to have this type of reaction EVERY TIME I am intimate w this new boyfriend?

I've seen my doctor twice for this already she has no info for me, says she's never heard of that and up'd my Valtrex dose to 1000mg a day for 12 months.

Hi diana x 2!

My question to you would be are you sure that the blisters/rash that's showing up when he kisses your breast, etc. is herpes? Are you sure it's not just a rash from maybe his beard stubble or something of the sort? Have you gotten the rash swabbed by a doctor to make sure that it's herpes? I've never heard of this kind of thing happening. My gut is telling me it's something else, but next time it happens, run over to the doctor to have it checked out so you can put your worries to rest. I'm curious about it, too. Sounds unlikely that it'd be herpes popping up like that.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: