• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Social Stigma

Has anyone experienced rude customer service from pharmacy staff when going to pick up their meds?  Recently, I did experience this and am a bit bummed. 

I called the manager and partially explained my situation and that I shouldn’t be judged for something that I have to take.  She agreed and said she would speak to the woman but now I’m wondering, is this something I’m going to just have to used to when I go to pick up my meds?  

Please, tell me it’s not going to be every time!

Some pharmacists are just idiots. My husband got grilled for buying voltaren. I got told in a sarcastic tone "you actually have to eat with these" when I was getting an antibiotic (I've always been a normal weight lol). 

It won't happen every time, but like I said, some are idiots. Go to a new pharmacy 😁

• Thanks 1

I haven't experienced this with picking up my acyclovir but I once caught chlamydia from a now ex boyfriend and the pharmacist was really rude about giving me a double dose of my medication (which the doctor at PP had prescribed for me because I was in what was supposed to be a monogamous relationship) for him. She told me they "don't do that" even though I looked into it and it's a thing. Obviously if one person has an STD there's a second person infected.

Also once when I was in high school my mom had me put on birth control to regulate my periods and the pharmacy tech had the nerve to ask her why I was on birth control. First of all, I was still a virgin. 

People who are in the medical field are taught in school that they are supposed to be impartial and non judgemental. If we didn't need meds they wouldn't have jobs. That behavior is not acceptable and I'm glad you spoke to her manager.

• Thanks 1