• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Does Groin Lymph Nodes Swell In recurrent outbreaks ?

I was diagnosed with GHSV1 last year June . My primary outbreak included swollen lymph nodes on each side of the groin and excruciating blisters and bumps . Three days ago I had sex with my boyfriend and when I woke up my nodes we swollen again and today I noticed cuts near my anus . Could this be a second outbreak ? Does lymph nodes swell with recurrent outbreaks ? 

On 5/18/2019 at 9:27 PM, brightsidegirl said:

I was diagnosed with GHSV1 last year June . My primary outbreak included swollen lymph nodes on each side of the groin and excruciating blisters and bumps . Three days ago I had sex with my boyfriend and when I woke up my nodes we swollen again and today I noticed cuts near my anus . Could this be a second outbreak ? Does lymph nodes swell with recurrent outbreaks ? 

I’m thinking that this can happen. I haven’t had sex yet since diagnosed back in July 2018. Does your boyfriend have it? Do u think maybe u were exposed to Hsv2? 

• 1 month later...

Hi. I have been gone for a bit and this is my first post in a bit but I can tell you this happens to me. I haven't heard others say it and I know it's not Supposed to but it does. In fact my outbreaks have never been painful and this is my only sign most times. 

• 7 months later...

I’m late to this post but I always try and add my own experiences in case someone is looking for answers. 
I’ve had HSV2 for around 18 months. I’ve had several occurrences with varying degrees of severity. Sometimes I get swollen, painful lymph glands in my groin with the OB. Sometimes I don’t. But from my experience, it’s certainly not something that only happens with a primary outbreak. I have an ob now and my gland in my groin is very large and tender and this is about my 8th.