• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Husband just got genital herpes

Hi all

We just found out that my husband got genital herpes, at the moment our relationship has been crazy, we already talked about maybe we will separate since he wants me to be happy and to be fair with me.  

But I love my husband so much that i want to be there for him for as long as he wants me to ,but at the same time im afraid to have herpes as well. 

Could someone please encourage me or educate me about what are the symptoms and what you’s experience when you have an outbreak.

• Like 1
  • mr_hopp changed the title to Husband just got genital herpes

hello I'm confused here do you have herpes as well? or just your husband.Adrial has hsv2 and he takes anti-viral pills everyday.he has been married for 4 years and his wife hasn't gotten this disease yet. I don't have hsv2 so I can't tell you nothing. I hope things get better for you. take care Sarah

Oh my goodness, don't end a happy relationship over a virus! If he's been faithful to you then he has had herpes since you met. If you haven't developed symptoms yet, chances are you won't. It's not a big enough deal to end a marriage over. I've been married for 15 years and hub has never shown symptoms.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years. He hasn't gotten HSV2. I just had an outbreak and we just couldn't have sex for a couple weeks. Your husband needs support. The feeling when you find out you have herpes is such a horrible and lonely feeling. Have him research symptoms. My symptoms are lightning shocks through upper thighs, buttocks, and genital area. Although this last time, I didn't have those but while showering.. Felt a bump and was like, ya gotta be kidding me. Told my boyfriend. And of course went through my typical depression stage of feeling gross and broken. Horrible feeling. I promise, you both will be able to work it out. Especially since you said you love him 🙂 (I also have two children, vaginal birth.. Neither have it) ((I usually only get 1-2 outbreaks a year if that)). Best of luck to you both!! 

Thank you for the advice.

I still dont have hsv2.

I told him that I will stay with him and im not giving up on our marriage. I really want to be there for him and support him with what his been going through. But he keep on telling me that im in denial of the situtation ( which I m not anyway). 

I told him that I read many forums about people with hsv2 that are living their lives and being happy as they dont let the virus ruin their plans in life. But instead he just told me that im just reading those with happy ending!

to be honest he’s really frustrating me , but im just really trying my best to understand him coz i know he’s not in a good place right now. 

• Like 2

to be honest it sounds like he trying to push you away. I bet he thinks he is not good enough for you. I can actually say I'm in love with my husband too. I have been in the same situation with my husband ( I don't have hsv2 but I didn't think I was good enough for other reasons) just show him you love him and that your not going nowhere. I guess he needs to feel reassured. I hope this helps ad good luck.Sarah

Hi sarah thanks for the encouragement.

im glad I found this forum, I can share my situation to people who’s going through or been through the same situation. I feel so alone coz I cant even share my problems to my own family as i dont want them to get hurt and feel sorry for me.

im just hoping one day my husband will realize that im here for him  😭

• 5 weeks later...