• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Would love a friend/mentor-first outbreak at 61 for over a month

Hi there -

At my ripe young age of 61, I broke out with this lovely virus around 5 weeks ago -- yup, still feeling the remnants that will hopefully go away SOON -- terrible pain in my butt by my sciatica, bad aching down my leg, and calf and foot almost numb. We all know the other lovely symptoms 'down there' that start off with a bang. It must have stayed dormant in my system for YEARS...

I could really use a friend/mentor woman who is a older (40+?) and has dealt with this for awhile. It does make you feel so alone, but I was so encouraged to see sites like this that are FREE since I am on a very tight budget to boot.

I am on the megadose of the anti-viral meds, just ordered some lysine ( but just read that someone's Dr said if you miss a dose you can get an OB....great....) -for what that is worth, no sugar, but not ready to give up coffee. I really think that stress is the #1 trigger, but just my opinion 🙂

Thank you so much, and many thanks for starting this site.

With the utmost compassion,

Scout

Can you post this instead on our buddies thread here?

Thanks!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: