• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes outbreaks with fertility treatment?

I have had herpes for about 5 years. I recently found out I have PCOS and decided to start a family. I was referred to reproductive endocrinologist and I have started in Femara 5 mg x 5 days and a trigger shot.

I have been having severe leg pain and small recurring outbreaks during this process. Has anyone else had similar experience? 

• mr_hopp changed the title to Herpes outbreaks with fertility treatment?

I've never used Femara, but I went through IVF 3 times and never had any issues with anything except for the vaginal progesterone suppositories. They didn't make me have an OB (I actually didn't even know I had H until after I was done having babies), but that shit is nasty and caused a raging yeast infection every time I used it. So, if you ever do have to go the route of IVF (I hope you don't!), opt for all PIO shots...I prefer the shots any day over the progesterone suppositories.