• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Feeling crappy

I found out I had hsv2 about 4 months before I met my boyfriend. We have now been together for almost 2 years. I told him about my status on the third date.

I have been struggling a lot with this "status." I beat myself up about it. I feel depressed and anxious at least once a day. I do have good days where I either dont think about it or I tell myself it doesnt define me and I'm still me etc.

I got a dog! He is cute and he helps with the depression and anxiety and keeps me grounded.

My boyfriend and I dont talk about my status. I would rather not talk about it and I think he gets angry about it because it makes him think about my past relationships. I have regrets. I'm not looking for him or anyone to be like "oh poor you." I just dont want him or anyone else to make me feel even worse than I already do.

I havent had a bad outbreak in a while but I've had one this past week. It's almost cleared up now. We havent had sex but it came up a couple nights ago- he really wanted to and I just said no but we can do other things.  .......
After that he asked what was going on and I got so weird! I dont know why I get so weird. I told him I'm having an outbreak. He moved over a bit, said "oh," and that was that. I started talking about what our plans for the next day were and he said "babe. I love you. Stop freaking out." And then he fell asleep.

I guess I was freaking out. I think I'm afraid hes going to one day say he doesnt want to deal with this anymore and then leave me.

:(