• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My boyfriend was just diagnosed with herpes, wanting to help him

Hi there,

My boyfriend currently works on a cruise ship so we didn't have many chances to have sex before he called me this past Sunday telling me he went to the doctor to get a bump checked out. Of course at first the word herpes made my heart jump into my throat because I'm only 22 and he and I have only had sex 4 times tops. So, this Thursday I go to the doctor to get checked out to see if I too will test positive.

I'm really not scared because even though this is a fairly new relationship I love him and I am not mad at him because he did not know and because he was very honest and remorseful when he told me. If I don't have it myself I am curious as what I can do to help comfort him? I know he feels dirty and low but I don't feel any differently about him.

My next question is this, I go see him this weekend for six days and of course we had planned to spend a lot of time in the bedroom but that was before he found out. If he has an outbreak at the moment I know it will be painful for him and also I know that means no sex of any kind. Is there any tips you can give me to spice up this weekend without putting me at a huge risk? I haven't seen him in a month and I want this to be special, I also want him to know that we can figure this out together.

Of course if I do test positive this week then it will be a much easier process, I'm trying to brace myself for the worst but I am sure it won't change anything between us.

Basically I'm just looking for some insight, this is all new to me and I want to make him comfortable.