• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

8 weeks of pelvic, nerve pain. Does it end?

@BloomerThanks so much for sharing! I'm sorry you've had to go through so much pain from this.

If you're not taking Acyclovir, have you found other ways to keep from passing it on to your partner? If I can help it, I'd like to do everything I can to keep from passing it on.

I was also looking into TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) but it is also expensive. I'll keep you posted if I learn anything else. I've also read about Gabapentin, but I'm a bit wary of trying it.

@RingofFire I find acyclovir useless but I didn't have opportunity to try valacyclovir (valtrex) bacause it is not available here where I live. I hear lot of people find valacyclovir more efficient than acyclovir. 

If you are taking antivirals and using condoms and avoid sexual intercourse while having outbreak you can be sure that risk is really minimal. I am married and didn't pass it to my husband even though I am not using acyclovir. We obviously had luck.

Please if you have opportunity get your pelvic floor checked. Look at the symptoms of pelvic floor dysfunction and see are they similar to yours. Are your symptoms worse after sexual intercourse if I may ask?

Gabapentin is used for treating nerve pain and even though it can have some nasty side effects I am willing to try it. Of course I will consult my neurologist and see what are my options.

If you take regular precautions there is really minimal risk of transmitting HSV. Just be careful and open with your partner. There are people who are together for 30 years and there is no transmition. 

@BloomerNo, my symptoms aren't really worse after sex.

My issue is that I don't really know what an "outbreak" is. I've never had the tell-tale lesions/blisters. Only internal tingling, radiating thigh pain and groin pinching/pain. I don't know if this is a sign of viral shedding or not..

I've done some PT for Pelvic pain issues, but it seems to have minimal effect.

@RingofFire I was in contact with one member from other forum who had ozone therapy. He had severe neuropathy caused by gHSV1 and he tried almost everything to reduce neuropathy. Ozone therapy was the only thing that helped him. Ozone therapy has many benefits so I am willing to try it. I too am not responding to antivirals and tried lot of things but nothing had permanent effect. 

I understand part about not knowing when do you have outbreak. I am in the same situation, I have constant prodrome symptoms so it is really hard to distinguish when I am having outbreak or it is just good old neuropathy. 

• Like 1