• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Blood test positive for hsv-2 But only had oral outbreak

I yook a blood test and it came back positive for hsv-2. No swab was made because I have never had a genital outbreak but I have had painful blisters on my lip, it gets really swollen, painful and nasty looking. I also get ulcers inside my mouth. No swab was made for this because I didn't had it when I got tested. 

Could it be Oral hsv-2? 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I am sorry there hasn't been a response to your question.  Did you get tested for HSV1 as well?  In all reality, either strain of HSV can be in both places but it is rare for HSV2 to be orally.  The blisters on the lips and ulcers in the mouth could definitely be HSV1.  If you have any of these symptoms again, I would go into the doctor and get them swabbed just to make sure.