• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Nonstop symptoms..

I was diagnosed with gential herpes 1.5 years ago. Since then, I have issues having sex. It's too painful. I have taken 2 different medications for the symptoms but it never seems to help. I don't make a lot of money, so going back to the doctor is my last resort. I haven't been to the doctor since I was diagnosed. Can anyone help me?

Hi Danielle! I share your pain, my first two years of contracting HSV have been pretty rough too and I was battling monthly outbreaks that probably resemble your "nonstop symptoms'. I'v had HSV now for four years and let me tell you, it will get better over time. Take care of your body, live healthy and try to reduce stress - your body will take care of the rest. I'm not sure what medication and therapy you are on right now, but I took valacyclovir daily for one year and it helped me a lot - I didn't get a single outbreak while I was on the long term therapy. Please go and see a doctor, make note of how many outbreaks you are experiencing, take pictures to show the doctor if necessary and have him suggest the right therapy for you. 

• Like 1