• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Multiple symptoms ,how long does it take for the Meds to kick in + healing time?

So I found out I had herpes a week ago.. Both herpes 1 &2. It started with itchy and tingling skin in certain spots then my gums started itching really badly. A few days later i started experiencing pain. Now I've got about 5-6 blisters/sores in my mouth and the 1 or 2 in the back of my throat which makes eating and drinking very difficult. I haven't started taking my anti viral Meds yet (I start tomorow) but I've always got a few sores down there and even though they aren't as bad as my mouth blisters, I can't seem to find any relief with anything.. I'm hoping to feel some relief once I get my Meds. Does anybody know how long it took for the Meds to start kicking in and how long was the healing process .i know it varies but I'm curious because all this is new to me

I am taking acyclovir and my blisters cleared in a week. But like all meds they take some time. A week or 10 days maybe? I think valtrex tooks a bit longer than acyclovir tho. You can search the threats. I think 2Legit2Quit had a threat about this. In the meantime my advise to you is taking vitamins to boost your immune system. Eat healthy and exercise. Dont stress yourself too much. Also fresh ginger always helped me with my cold sores. You can try it.