• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Newly diagnosed.

Hi! I'm fairly new to this. Was diagnosed with GHSV1 in June 2016. I can't help but struggle and think about it every day! I haven't had any other OBs since then which I heard is not uncommon. Ever since finding out I have found other people I know

Who have it , which helps for support wise. And I also have told a few friends who treat me no different, they are amazing and say everything will be fine. Which is easier said than done. But I'm terrified of even the thought of dating again. The thought of trying to tell someone about this scares me. Even though I'm no different than someone who gets them on the face mine are just in a different spot that you just can't see. I've learned that it's not as big of a deal and what people make it out to be. Yeah does it suck, of course but I'm still me and still can do everything I have ever wanted to do. But will someone risk being with me even though the risk is so small. I want children and I want to get married , but so scared it won't happen now.