• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Diagnosed w/ HSV2 at 1st OB, but 2nd OB and have blisters inside my nostril?!

So... from what I've learned, HSV2 (what I have) is primarily genitals, and HSV1 is genitals AND facial. So if I see some blisters in my nostril, is it possible it has spread or "turned into" HSV1? Or possibly incorrect test results?

At first I had thought I just had a pimple in there because I've been having bad allergies and a runny nose, but it definitely looks more like a blister now and a day later I see 2 more small ones in there. I am also scared about having been wiping my nose from allergies and then touching something (I do my best with hand-washing and sanitizer, but thinking it was only allergies and that I have the genital version of H, I didn't even consider I could be spreading it).

I don't know what to think. I am going to the doctor soon for regular meds for OBs so I will follow-up with what I find out, but I want to see multiple opinions on this as well as have some support because I am still so freaked out!

Also, I guess to add I have NOT had any sex or contact with my boyfriend since I was diagnosed 3 weeks ago (long distance relationship).

So many thanks~ P09

Okay okay, so when I asked my NP if the blister in my nose was from an OB I was told that it's something else, because no, the virus doesn't/can't mutate like that. Which I guess makes sense if I've had allergies and have been wiping/blowing my nose a lot, it may be an irritation from that. Well I don't know these things so cut me some slack.