• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Possible herpes outbreak?

So about two days ago I notice a small red raised mark on my lower abdomen just above my pubic hair line, it kind of resembles a small burn. The first day it was a little itchy but the second day not so much, so far no pain to the area. I'm just starting to freak out on what it possibly might be and if this could be a herpes outbreak. I've googled a lot of info and couldn't find any pictures on what the first stages of genatal herpes looks like. I don't have any fluid filled blisters just the red raised area. I plan on going to the doctor but am kind of shy on the subject. My last sexual encounter was 7 months ago.

If anyone could help with more info on what the first stages of an outbreak look like and if what I'm experiencing maybe herpes that would help a lot. I tried to upload a picture but the forum doesn't allow for it I guess. Thanks.

Go get an IgG blood test. Your doctor can do it or you can find a lab specifically for STD testing. I googled and found an online service that used local lab facilities. It was very discreet and I had my results the next business day - only saw or spoke to anyone face to face while I was having the blood drawn.

Antibodies take roughly 16 weeks to develop enough to test positive on IgG so if it's been 7 months since your last encounter and IgG is negative, you can put your mind at ease.