• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Outbreak Questions

Hi everyone! I was diagnosed last year with herpes during my first outbreak. Now I am having my second outbreak. This outbreak is not even close to as bad the first one where I had a UTI and the cuts were everywhere. My outbreak now originally were around my perineum. A few more came and went away with the first ones as I think this outbreak is coming to an end. But there is still one ulcer near my butt area that has not went away and now I think another small one is growing right next to it. I have a few questions:

1. Do you any of you put creams or anything on your cuts to help the healing process?

2. After urination, do you guys clean down there with some water? I do, mainly because I do not want them to get infected but I feel like that is how I got more cuts. Like if there were any cuts that were secreting, that by using the water, I just moved the secreted fluids and spread it more. So, should I even clean it?

3. Right when I got my first cuts, I went to the doctor as soon as possible. My doctor checked me, answered questions, and prescribed me Valtrex for when I have prodromal symptoms, so not suppressive treatment since my outbreaks do not happen as often. She told me there is nothing we can do once an outbreak happens, only that I have to let it be and let it heal like any other cut. Is that true, is there nothing I can do or take? It has been 2 and a half weeks, it feels like forever and I just want it to end already. But are there any medications I can take or ask her about?

• 1 month later...