• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

On May 31, I had what seemed like a UTI with overall feeling chills, fever and burning on urination. A walk-in clinic started Bactrim but after 4 days, was feeling worse burning on urination and still chills. Started pyridium and that didn't help with the painful urination. Went to my PCP who did a vaginal exam and just upon visualization, she said I had herpes and ordered a blood test. No culture was done. I was too upset to ask what kind of test and as I had never been told I had HSV before and never had any prior symptoms, I just trusted she knew the right test to order. Today I got the test results back from the Igm for HSV1 and HSV2 and both were negative. This was the only test done. Does this mean I don't have herpes or does there need to be further testing? I had been in a monogamous relationship for about 10 months. When I disclosed to him, he said he has cold sores but hasn't had one in years. No relationship for a year before that. I've read a lot online but the kinds of testing and results are very confusing. Can anyone help me understand if I do or do not have HSV? Thank you so much.