• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

ghsv1 recurring outbreaks & flu/cold symptoms

Hey, recently diagnosed with ghsv1 (m). First outbreak was super mild, mainly the 3 days of general flu/cold symptoms that got me down.

I seem to be having a second outbreak (2 months after OB). Penis seems to be healing up quicker this time, but have had similar 2 day flu/cold symptoms. Two questions:

1.) Has anyone else here had more than one ghsv1 outbreak? I heard it's supposed to be less likely to happen, mine happened two months after ob.

2.) Does anyone else here get the general unwell/cold/flu symptoms again when on a recurring outbreak (e.g. the second or third outbreak)?

I am female and I’m not sure which strain I have, but I have a feeling it is 1. I’ve only had one outbreak that was visible, but I have constant symptoms. I had that cold/ flu for like a month straight .... twice. It’s miserable. I had a lot of phlegm in my throat and Mucinex did help. I think when you take the cold medicine, your body isn’t straining to fight a cold AND herpes, so it can better fight the herpes.

This may sound trite, but I read somewhere to eat fresh pineapple, and that is the only thing that has made those symptoms subside for the past week. If you Google “best supplements for herpes “ you’ll find a lot that work for other people but I haven’t had much luck with them. Changing my diet and everything has been best for me, even though I’m basically still sucks. Give up coffee, fake sugar, nuts, chocolate, carbs