• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Scared and Confused

I just found out I have HSV2 and I had very light symptoms (yeast infection/contact dermatitis like) I broke up with my long term boyfriend end of April and we have been discussing starting over. I has unprotected sex with an ex in between the time we broke up and my diagnosis and I know I should have made sure we were both tested before but I figured he would still be clean. I'm so afraid of having the talk with my long term boyfriend that I want so desperately to get back together with. Anyone else have this situation arise? I feel so ashamed

@CatMom Ugh I feel for you ..thats a tough situation to be in. I’m also newly diagnosed; no idea where it came from or how long I was harboring it. I will say though since I found out I’ve dated one person whom I disclosed to and he honestly did not think it was a big deal. I think the bigger issue here might be that you went back to the ex; not the herpes. But again, you don’t have to tell him HOW it hapoened, but, unfortunately, you do have to tell him if you all want to be intimate. My best advice would be to do some research, find a time when you’re comfortable..honestly I had a glass of wine or 2 before my talk, and just be honest. It’s just an annoying skin condition that doesn’t change who you are as a person. If you’d like to talk, I’m always available. Good luck 🙂 

• Thanks 1

@ScaredGirl89 Thanks. I’ll be doing very extensive research on it before bringing it up. Luckily I have some time before we will be intimate. Im just so afraid of his reaction. I dont think he would be judgemental but I worry about everything!! I just feel so alone. Im glad I found this community. 

@CatMom did the doctor give you any antivirals or anything? I’m telling you just getting on a daily maintainace has alleviated so much stress and it also cuts down on transmission rates as well. Might be something to look into! This site also has an awesome sheet called “just the facts” that you should check out!