• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

At what point do i consider myself negative?

Hi everyone,

I just received my 3rd Igg test result 6 months after exposure. Both hsv1 and 2 came out negative. I said 3rd because i took the test on the 3rd and 4th month post exposure which also came out negative. Just a back story, this all started after my Igm test came out equivocal and my doctor told me i had hsv1 or 2. So should i still take a re test after a couple of months or am i truly negative?

Thank you all.

If you don't have any symptoms, 16 weeks is generally considered "clear".  Or something like 98% will have the protein necessary to trigger a positive igg result.  Oral HSV1 is no big deal and many have it, which could have triggered the igm.  If you don't have any symptoms of HSV2 and you're negative at 6 months, I would stop testing.

So far what i noticed after exposure was itching in my pubic area but no lesions. But this has happened before prior to exposure. It stopped after awhile. There was a time i had anal itching but also stopped after i started washing instead of just wiping. Right now i have a bump on my penis which has been there for months. Ive tried clotrimazole but doesnt seem to be working. Ive actually been having jock itch prior to exposure. A doctor also said i had balanitis prior to exposure as well. But other than that I've never seen any lesions cause if i did id be panicking already.