• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Should I get a blood test? - HELP

Hey guys, I'm a 20y/o male and I was potentially exposed to GHSV around 4 weeks ago but I don't have any symptoms at all. Is this normal? Should I have expected some sort of symptom in the incubation phase?

Unfortunately where I live I have to pay to get a blood test done. Should I get one done or take the lack of symptoms as a good sign? I don't know how I'd react if my test came back positive and part of me doesn't want to know either I'm so confused and distraught! Help!! 

As someone who is positive with HSV type 1 I would say test. I did not show symptoms until I was 21 when I had my first outbreak. It took some intensive tracking but we were able to track it back and figure out that i was most likely (about 90 percent positive here) infected many years before that point and never showed symptoms until recently due to another illness that has caused my immune system to weaken. HSV likes weakened immune systems because it is easier for it to show. I have the type that a lot of the population has but does not show symptoms of, the cold sore virus, but mine shows because of my weakened immune system. My boyfriend got tested and he has never shown a symptom just to see if i am at risk of infecting him and turns out he has type 1 without ever showing a symptom. 

You say you were exposed. I do not know to what extent, but it is worth find out. When you get tested ask if they can type test you at the same time. It is worth knowing. When i was first finding out i did not want to know either. Try to stay calm. I wish you the best.