• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Be Here Now.

I was just diagnosed earlier this week and I have had an incredibly difficult time. I experienced an indescribably painful first outbreak and today is the first day I have been able to leave my bed. As the pain subsides however I have begun to appreciate what a blessing this awful disease could be... slowly it has made me examine my choices and intended purpose behind my sexual actions. Please don't misunderstand I have always been incredibly safe with my sexual health however the opportunity herpes gives us is to be ready not only to understand what we are looking for in a relationship with another individual but what they want and expect from us. The person who gave me this was my best friend and someone who I trusted inexplicably. He has chosen to not inform his sexual partners about his condition or to receive treatment of any kind which saddens me greatly. However so far this is a blessing in disguise. From this point forward I refuse to live in fear or guilt. I refuse to hide. I refuse to be ashamed. I love myself. I love you. I love herpes because it is now a part of my being. Let us together stand up and take care of ourselves. nourish our bodies and mind. sleep when we need to sleep and worship the temple that is the human body. I pledge to live in the moment and not dwell in yesterday or worry about tomorrow. BE HERE NOW.